Transition to High School
Our team at Ohio Virtual Academy hosts a series of classroom connect sessions to help our 8th grade students (and their families) successfully transition to high school at OHVA. Please find more information, including the recordings to these sessions below.
*Please note: Scheduling for Unique 8th grade students will be held on April 28, 2017. Please contact your Intervention Specialist for more information.
*Scheduling for Incoming 6-8 grade students will happen after testing. Please contact your homeroom teacher for more information.
1. Introduction to High School Meeting (January 27, 2017)
Please access the orientation recording here!
- An introduction to the day-to-day platform of high school
- Expectations of students and learning coaches in the high school
- Attendance/absence procedures in the high school
- Meet YOUR High School Success Team! (HS Principals, Advisors, HS School Counselors and HS Teachers)
2. Incoming 9th Grade Scheduling Meetings (March 23, 2017)
Our OHVA High School Counselors held the 2017-2018 Incoming 9th Grade scheduling sessions on Thursday, March 23rd at 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Separate sessions were held for 8th grade students who are only taking a middle school scheduling this year as well as 8th grade students who are already taking high school classes early this year. Please view the recordings below:
Click HERE for the recording available for all 8th grade students ONLY taking Middle School courses this year.
Click HERE for the recording available for all 8th grade students who are ALREADY taking High School courses early this year!
The above recordings will tell you everything you need to know about scheduling for next year. Please be sure to view them, as many documents were shared that will be pertinent to your scheduling decisions. After you have watched the entire recording, please fill out the scheduling survey that is pushed out during the recording (links available above.)
- Scheduling for 2017-2018 school year
- Review of high school checklist, HS Info Guide
- Earning Credits
- Grade levels
- Graduation Requirements
- Typical Schedule
- Subject Area Pathways
- Registration Status
- Upcoming Events
- Math Placement Test
- Next Steps
3. Preparing for High School Over the Summer (May 19, 2017)
- How to stay on-top of studies over summer
- What to expect in August
- Refresher of opportunities available in High School