Scheduling & Transition to High School
Our team at Ohio Virtual Academy hosts a series of classroom connect sessions to help our 8th grade students (and their families) successfully transition to high school at OHVA. Please find more information, including the recordings to these sessions below.
- OHVA High School Information Guide 17-18
- OHVA High School Course List 17-18
- K12 Course Descriptions
- Not all courses listed are offered by OHVA
- 9th Grade Elective Choices
- These recordings are best viewed on Firefox.
- Further information on ALL HS electives
- Advanced Placement (AP) Information
- High School Student Handbook 16-17
- Ohio Dept of ED: Graduation Requirements
- Scheduling for Unique incoming 9th grade students will be held on April 28, 2017 from 10am-11am. Please contact your Intervention Specialist for more information.
- Incoming 9th grade students need to take the Algebra Readiness Assessment in Study Island between May 1-5, 2017 if interested in taking Algebra 1 in 9th grade. Otherwise, you will be placed in Integrated Math.
- Please contact your current teachers before April 6, 2017 for recommendations if you wish to take Honors and/or World Language courses next year in high school. You do not need a recommendation for Honors if you already have an A or B in your current Honors course.
- Scheduling for incoming 6-8 grade students will occur in May. Please contact your homeroom teacher for futher information.
- If you are interested in taking Pre-High School credit courses while in Middle School next year, you must request a recommendation from your homeroom teacher before May 12, 2017.
1. Introduction to High School Meeting (January 27, 2017)
Please access the orientation recording here!
- An introduction to the day-to-day platform of high school
- Expectations of students and learning coaches in the high school
- Attendance/absence procedures in the high school
- Meet YOUR High School Success Team! (HS Principals, Advisors, HS School Counselors and HS Teachers)
2. Incoming 9th Grade Scheduling Meetings (March 23, 2017)
Our OHVA High School Counselors held the 2017-2018 Incoming 9th Grade scheduling sessions on Thursday, March 23rd at 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Separate sessions were held for 8th grade students who are only taking a middle school scheduling this year as well as 8th grade students who are already taking high school classes early this year. Please view the recordings below:
Click HERE for the recording available for all 8th grade students ONLY taking Middle School courses this year.
Click HERE for the recording available for all 8th grade students who are ALREADY taking High School courses early this year!
The above recordings will tell you everything you need to know about scheduling for next year. Please be sure to view them, as many documents were shared that will be pertinent to your scheduling decisions. After you have watched the entire recording, please fill out the scheduling survey that is pushed out during the recording (links available above.) The deadline to submit your scheduling survey is April 6, 2017 at 5:00pm.
- Scheduling for 2017-2018 school year
- Review of high school checklist, HS Info Guide
- Earning Credits
- Grade levels
- Graduation Requirements
- Typical Schedule
- Subject Area Pathways
- Registration Status
- Upcoming Events
- Math Placement Test
- Next Steps
3. Preparing for High School Over the Summer (May 19, 2017)
- Study tips for high school courses
- How to stay on-top of studies over summer
- What to expect in August
- Refresher of opportunities available in High School