Igniting Innovation and Creativity in the Classroom!
ocMaker Challenge Prompt
"Design and build, or significantly repurpose, a product that will solve a problem, need or want."
Cultivating creative and inspired innovators across the curriculum! The ocMaker Challenge fosters:
- An integrated and hands-on approach to student learning
- A way to focus on every student’s talents
- Connections between what students learn and how they apply it
- Design Thinking Mindset and Process
- An authentic and real-world experience where students identify
- problems and and meaningful solutions
- Critical skills that are needed to be successful in the future workforce
- Opportunities for students to be recognized and valued for their ideas
The goal of the ocMaker Challenge is to provide our diverse Orange County K-12 and post-secondary student populations with an integrated approach to learning. Our vision is to harness every student’s talents and show the important interdependencies between Science, Math, Engineering, Technology, English, Art, Invention and Entrepreneurship by“Igniting Innovation and Creativity in the Classroom!”
Thank you to our sponsors!
Thank you to our exhibitors and partners!
Special Thanks To:
The ocMaker Challenge was designed in collaboration with Central Orange County CTE Partnership (CTEp), Orange County Department of Education(OCDE) and industry and educational professionals. The goal of the project design is to engage our diverse Orange County secondary and post-secondary student populations with an opportunity to participate in an integrated STEM design project. The design team created a self-directed, open-ended design project, with minimal constraints, that appeals to all learners. The project utilizes design thinking to help students identify problems and find meaningful solutions which supports higher order thinking skills and real-life problem solving.
Jillian Johnson-Sharp | M.A. Ed. |Administrator | CTEp |Orange County Department of Education
Ed Hernandez | BSEE |MA Ed. | Tustin High School | Engineering Teacher | Director, T-Tech Academy
In special Memory of Greg French, CTE Instructor