Oakwood Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Oakwood Men’s Golf Club website. We are a group of men organized to have fun playing golf. There is a 2017 schedule of events posted on our web site. Please take a look as to what we have planned for this year. You may play in any or all of them. All of our events (exception-Club Championship) are played at full handicap, so it doesn’t matter if you play to a 5 or 25 handicap as the handicap system events this out. If you don’t have a handicap, simply fill out the information at the bottom of the Membership Application form and enter scores in the computer as you play throughout the year. This will establish a handicap for you.
We have club meetings the second Thursday of the month at our clubhouse where our business concerns are addressed. These meetings usually start at 6:00 PM and are typically preceded by a fun event. Refreshments are provided at our meetings.
Our season starts with our kick-off meeting on Thursday, March 9 at 6:00 PM at Root River Center, 7220 W. Rawson Ave, Franklin WI.
Why should you join? Here are some reasons that may help you decide:
· Fun outings with guaranteed Tee times.
· Play one of the finest county courses in the state.
· Meet new friends.
· Prizes for each event - paying 40% of the field.
· PGA professional clubhouse staff to serve you - lessons, merchandise, etc.
· Handicap service included in your dues.
· All events (except Club Championship) played at full handicap.
· Cup Event - An on-going individual single elimination match play event.
· Classic Event - An on-going two-man single elimination match play event.
· Club Championship Event - Two-day stroke play event played at scratch from back tees.
· Senior Cup Event (for those 50 years old and older).
· Option to play in other county, state, and national events.
· Monthly club meetings preceded by a fun event.
· Year-ending banquet.
· Our events are held on Saturdays or Sundays.
We are looking forward to having you join the Oakwood Men’s Golf Club.
[Please note that this is not a league that has weekly scheduled events that are held on weekdays. If you are interested in league play, please contact (Club Professional) @ 414-281-6700. ----- and his staff will be happy to assist you.]
If you have any questions, you can reach me at .
Ryan Kimmel - Membership Director
If you have any questions, call Ryan at 414.349.5196
or e-mail: email@example.com