New Zealand Field Archery Association
The NZFAA is the National Body for Field Archery in New Zealand.
NZFAA is affiliated to the international body for field archery known as The International Field Archery Association (IFAA).
NZFAA is a non-profit association with no commercial affiliations.
We task ourselves with organising Field Archery events on behalf of archery clubs in New Zealand.
This includes national leagues and championships for both Marked Field, Unmarked Bowhunter 3D and Indoor events.
The NZFAA is hosted by archery enthusiasts, who give up their free time to promote the awesome sport of archery.
The Executive of the NZFAA is a group of volunteer members of the Association who give their time and energy to attend to the following matters:
- Administration of the Constitutional Rules and By-Laws of the NZFAA and IFAA.
- Manages the finances of the Association including full financial reporting and filing annual returns to the Government Companies Office – under the rules of the Incorporated Societies rules and regulations
- Communicates and confers with IFAA.
- Officiates at league rounds and National Tournaments
- Records scores, analysis's and records National & International Records including complying and recording the new IFAA score and classification card which needs to be produced at International Events.
- To assist in the development of new and existing clubs.
- Co-ordinates the National Coaching Program
- Responsible for the Youth Development Program
- Responsible for the Field Captain Certification Program
- Support and Advice for clubs and their members
- Support and promote International participation in World and Regional Events.
- Publicity – bi-monthly newsletter (where possible) and maintain a website with relevant information – all club information on the website.
The Association relies on the support of the clubs and its members to maintain the actual activity of archery whilst the Association provides the logistical support.