Download the Scholarship application here (link coming soon)
What: Six - $500 Music Scholarships will be awarded this year
Who: One scholarship for upper classmen (Juniors & Seniors) in each category (Band, Choir, Orchestra)
One scholarship for underclassmen (Freshman & Sophomores) in each category (Band, Choir, Orchestra)
How: Award recipients will be recognized at the 2019 Pasta 'n Pops event on May 18, 2019, as well as receiving their award at the Accolades ceremony on May 16, 2019. All awards will be distributed as per student designation for use on music-related expenses with the exception of graduating seniors who will be awarded a cash prize.
Music related expenses may include but are not limited to:
- instrument and associated equipment purchase
- field trips
- group trips
- music lessons
- music program-related purchases (spirit wear, team jackets/clothes, uniforms)
Instructions: To apply, you must save the application to your Google drive with a new name that includes your student id (for example: 99999 NWMPA Scholarship). Then complete the form and share or e-mail the document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com
2. All entries must include a typed, completed application and essay per contest guidelines
3. All entries must be received no later than 10:00pm (CST) - date to be determined
4. Applicants must be children of a current NWMPA member in good standing
5. Applicants must be currently enrolled in or participate in a NWHS Music program
Note: The above rules are clearly stated and no exceptions will be made. Failure to follow all directions will result in disqualification. Be sure to follow all application and essay directions and submit all materials as stated by due date.
All applications will be judged by a panel of former and current NWMPA members and scored according to the established point rubric. All submissions will be judged by a minimum of 3 separate judges and awarded an average of the 3 scores. Highest score in each of the 6 categories will be named the winner of said category. In the event of a tie in any category, a fourth judge will review the tied applications and declare a winner based on the established scoring rubric.