The NSA Parent Club is a nonprofit, parent-volunteer organization. Our objective is to enrich the lives of all students at North Star through funding and managing fantastic programs that enhance our children’s educational experience.
The primary goals of the NSA Parent Club are to:
- foster a sense of community through social events and activities
- sponsor parent education through communication and activities
- raise money to support and improve NSA’s educational offerings
- respond to funding requests from the school
- organize parents to assist in school activities
See our the NSA Parent Club Bylaws here.
What We Do
The Parent Club enables the school to offer a variety of programs that would be unavailable without the generous support of the parent community. Our funding covers both staffing and program expenses. The Parent Club works closely with the principal to understand the school’s goals and financial needs and establishes an annual budget. Parent Club funds provide the school with flexibility, since our funds are free of the mandated spending restrictions that accompany many other school-funding sources. Thank you for your support! The Parent Club helps fund the following areas:
- PE Teacher and Legarza
- Outreach Specialist
- School Counselor
- Classroom Supplies
- Arts in the Bay, Art Teacher led art classes
- Enrichment programs
- Fall Theater Program and Spring Musical
- Field Trip Scholarships
- Instrumental Music Program
- Teacher Appreciation
- Technology Equipment
- School Social Events like the Fall Festival, Midnight Ball and Family Dodgeball
When We Meet
The Parent Club meets on the second Thursday of the month at 8:45 a.m. in the teacher’s lounge. Please join us for for coffee and treats. All parents and guardians are welcome to attend.