Entering Research Recognition
Level 1: Trained Facilitator
To become an Entering Research Trained Facilitator, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Join NRMN
- Participate in an NRMN or CIMER facilitator workshop to gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to effectively facilitate research mentee training based on the Entering Research curricula series
If you are interested in attending a facilitator workshop, please complete this interest form to be added to our listserv to learn about upcoming events.
After participating in a facilitator workshop, you will receive a letter recognizing you as an Entering Research Trained Facilitator.
Level 2: Certified Facilitator
Revised criteria to become a Certified Facilitator for Entering Research will be coming soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions or are interested in becoming a Certified Facilitator for Entering Research, please contact the Entering Research team at email@example.com.
Intellectual Property Agreement
Trained and Certified Facilitators are not permitted to charge or collect honoraria/facilitator fees for training events based on the Entering Mentoring or Entering Research curricula. For more information, review our intellectual property agreement (updated May 2019).
Leveraging Your Recognition and Experience
Once you become a Trained or Certified Facilitator, you may wish to leverage your recognition and experience by including your title in your email signature, CV/resume, biographical sketch, or grant applications.
We recommend using any of the following titles:
- NRMN Trained or Certified Facilitator (if you attended an NRMN facilitator training)
- CIMER Trained or Certified Facilitator (if you attended a CIMER facilitator training)
- Entering Research Trained or Certified Facilitator
We recommend using the following language to describe your title:
If you attended an NRMN facilitator training:
- Completed facilitator training workshop sponsored by the NIH-funded National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) to learn how to facilitate and implement evidence-based mentee training based on the Entering Research series
If you attended a CIMER facilitator training:
- Completed facilitator training workshop sponsored by the Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER) to learn how to facilitate and implement evidence-based mentee training based on the Entering Research series