We Need Directors
We need at least one more director to create a short video of a band. The short will be used as a memory scene in the main movie.
- Make something funny and short.
- Video submitted should be 15 seconds or more.
- 5-15 seconds of your scene will appear in the main movie.
- Your video submission can be as long as you want.
- Example: we are making a whole music video for one band, but only 5-10 seconds of that music video will be in the main movie. The full music video might play before or after the main movie.
- March 1, 2019
- Director receives a band name and will be in contact with the actress who must be in the band. This actress will appear in all the band videos.
- Director decides the rest of the details:
- costumes and style of the band
- who is in the band
- what the band is doing
- sound or no sound, etc.
- Any sounds recorded must be original.
- Email Tom Buhrman if you want to be a director.
Bands that Need Directors
- The Tears of Gorgainous
- (or you can suggest a band name)
Bands that Already Have Directors
- Hamburger Kleenex
- Monotheistic Sleepover
- All My Diseases Are Popular
- (Tori C)
- Tea Party Outside the Infinite
- Weekend Bobcat
- Jennifer’s Awesome Rock Band
- Country Mountain Catastrophe
- The Super Happy Fun Space Cats
- (Sophia and Fik)
- Dorgon's Realm
- Most Perfect Swedish
- If we have more than 12 directors who want to do this, we can add more bands to this scene.
- Email: Tom Buhrman
FAQ about band videos
The band name you gave me is crap. I have a better one.
- Awesome! Let me know your better idea, and we might use that name instead.
Who is the actress that must be in the band video?
- Her name is Abby, and you will receive her contact info.
In the main movie what does Abby's character do?
- Her character's name is Monique Diabolique, and she plays guitar.
Does Abby have to play guitar in my band video?
- No, Abby can play (or fake play) any instrument or no instrument at all for your band video.
Can I work with a real band and just add Abby to it?
- Yes you can.
- But you should use our fake name for the band.
What should the band be doing?
- Anything that a band could possibly do in the real world (play music, drive a van, sleep on the floor, fight, eat, pose for promo shot, make a music video, run around without purpose, sleep in a van, behind the scenes, record a song, etc.) is fair game.
I want to be a director, but I don't know any musicians or actors.
- No problem.
- You can still make this video with non-musicians and non-actors.
- We can help you find people to be in your short video.
I want to be a director, but I don't have a camera.
- Use your phone to video it.
I want to be a director, but my phone can't shoot video.
- No problem, we can loan you a device to use.
I want to be a director, but I've never directed anything.
- First time filmmakers are welcome!
- No experience necessary -- just desire to create a fun scene.
I want to be a director, but I'm a student.
- No problem!
- Student directors rock and are welcome.
- Our youngest director so far is 14.
Can I film my video in 4:3 aspect ratio?
- Yes, as long as you create your video in landscape format (wider than it is tall), then everything is OK.
- Try to use 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratios.
I want to be a director, but I'm an experienced filmmaker, and I expect to be paid for my work.
- I totally understand, but you should probably find another project to work with.