Ways to Help
What Can I Do to Help?
1. Donate $5, $10, $20 or more to NoSnowCampMine by sending a check to P. O. Box 721, Snow Camp NC 27349 or using the Paypal link on our website: https://sites.google.com/view/nosnowcampmine
2. Mark your calendars and attend the Alamance County Commissioners meetings (1st and 3rd Mondays) and Planning Board meetings (2nd Thursdays) at 124 West Elm Street, Graham. Invite your neighbors and friends as well! We need to consistently show the county boards how much opposition there is!
3. Also let your County Commissioners know you do not support the proposed quarry. Email them (often!) at email@example.com
4. Sign our online petition to express your opposition to the quarry.
5. Sign our Noise Ordinance petition to amend the Alamance County Noise Ordinance to remove the exemption for Heavy Industrial activity.
6. TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS & FRIENDS – ASK IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS! If they don’t, tell them about it!
7. Learn more about the “Possible Impacts” and “What is the Mine” on our website.
8. Email or write the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) telling them “Why There Are Way Too Many Risks for This Mine to Happen!” See the link below which details the 7 reasons for denial the state refers to in their decision. You can also check out the following link to see what other public/written comments have been submitted by our neighbors and friends as examples: https://edocs.deq.nc.gov/WaterResources/0/fol/805155/Row1.aspx
- By Mail: NC DEQ, 1612 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699 Attn: Judith Wehner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Reasons for denial listed in The Mining Act of 1971 (See 74.51-d): https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_74/Article_7.html
9. Submit a Letter to the Editor at the Burlington Times News (350 word max) or an Editorial (750 max) expressing your concerns about the quarry. email@example.com
10. Join our Listserv to receive updates: firstname.lastname@example.org