How often are you at a meeting when someone reaches this conclusion?
"We should survey people to see what they think."
Welcome to the site of Northeast Survey Research Solutions. This company, owned by long-standing behavioral-science researchers Glenn Geher, PhD and Kathleen Geher, PhD, will help your organization with all aspects of survey design and analysis as well as program assessment and evaluation.
With 40 years of post-doctoral research experience between them, our lead consultants, Glenn and Kathleen, have extraordinary experience in this area.
Glenn started conducting survey research as an undergraduate psychology student at the University of Connecticut in the early 1990s and as a doctoral student in social psychology at the University of New Hampshire soon thereafter. While at the University of New Hampshire, Glenn co-developed one of the first-ever measures of emotional intelligence, which is now one of the most-cited concepts in the field. A professor of psychology at SUNY New Paltz, Glenn has taught courses in statistics and research methods for over 20 years. He also has published a statistics textbook, Straightforward Statistics, with Oxford University Press. He has nearly 100 scholarly publications to date - most of which are based on surveys that Glenn has conducted from start to finish. Glenn is an expert in using Qualtrics, SPSS, and Word - all of the software tools needed to implement surveys and generate high-quality reports. Glenn is also a blogger for Psychology Today - and his blog has been viewed over 1,400,000 times - he knows how to write for any audience.
Kathy also started conducting survey research in the early 1990s as a psychology student at Dickinson College and then as a doctoral student in social psychology at the University of New Hampshire. As a psychology instructor at SUNY New Paltz who teaches courses in statistics and research methods, Kathy has years of experience in conducting surveys for a wide array of purposes. An expert in Qualtrics, SPSS, and Word, Kathy has held a position with the Center for Research and Evaluation at the University of Maine where her primary job was to conduct research and write up reports on a diverse set of topics related to public education. She also spent 5 years as a biostatistician for the Dutchess County Health Department where she was responsible for numerous public health research projects that required survey design, analysis, and presentation.
WHO MIGHT BENEFIT FROM A SURVEY?
Surveys can be useful in a broad range of fields. Surveys can be used, for instance, in the following areas:
- Education (e.g., what programs do the voters in a school district think are most important to retain in a time of budget cuts?)
- Government (e.g., what proportion of the constituents in one's district favor a particular healthcare bill - and what are their main concerns related to the bill?)
- Business (e.g., what are the primary reasons that clients utilize the services of a particular business ? And why do others utilize the services of competing businesses?)
- Healthcare (e.g., How do patients view your healthcare practice compared with others? What are the likes and dislikes that patients have about the services that your healthcare practice provides? What are the areas where clients see a need for improvement?)
- Law (e.g., Why do your clients choose your firm over others? And what about those who go with your competitors? How do they perceive your firm? And what areas of improvement are needed in their eyes?)
- Employers (e.g., How satisfied are my employees with their working conditions, compensation, and work environment? What could we do to make our work environment and productivity improve?)
- Grant Applications (If you are an academic or are in some other field where applying for grants is part of the work, your research may well require surveys for a number of reasons. Let the experts serve as consultants on your project so that the survey is done right!)
THE NEXT STEPS
If you are interested in possibly using our services, please simply email us at email@example.com. We would be glad to set up a free consultation meeting (in person, via phone, or via Skype) to assess your needs. We will prepare a price quote for you to examine, including a detailed description of the work to be done and a timeline for completion.
Note that at Northeast Survey Research Solutions, our prices are competitive, our work style is efficient, and the products are high quality and professional. We guarantee our that our work will meet these standards. Completed reports from our past work and references are available upon request.