Miss Matangi's Math
Welcome, Students and Parents!
I am excited to see everything that we will accomplish this year. This site is organized to provide you the resources you will need to put your best foot forward as a student. It also gives important information to keep both students and parents up-to-date. If at any time you feel something is missing from this site, please let me know so that I can update accordingly.
Tips to succeed in my class:
- Plan Ahead! I cannot emphasize enough the benefit of using a planner or online calendar. Write down assignments and testing dates so you don't forget and schedule studying ahead of time.
- Do the Work! You are only required to turn in work that will be graded, but if you watch the extra videos, do the extra practice and take the extra time to study for tests and quizzes, you are guaranteed to do well.
- Be Creative! Everyone learns at a different pace and in different ways. Find what works best for you, and make learning fun. In the technology age we live in, there are so many different ways to learn and study. I can only teach you so much, but if you teach yourself what you don't know and what you might find interesting, there is nothing in this world that can stop you from achieving your goals.
- Be Present! Not only should you be physically present, but also mentally. Have the materials you need for class, the assignments done and the attitude to learn.
- Be Respectful! Yes, there is the old "You respect me, I respect you", but respect each other and the subject. A common misconception is that Christians can't do Math and Science, because their religion hinders them. Not only is this false, but the greatest scientists and mathematicians were Christians, and the more you study these subjects, the more obvious the existence of God becomes.
- Enjoy It! Whether you're dreading these classes or can't wait to get started, as a math student you will be stuck with this material for at least the next 4 years of your life, so you might as well try enjoy it!
If there is ever a question you might have concerning our class, please feel free to email me or set up an appointment via email.