One-third of the adult life is spent at work :(
Software Engineer, Google (an Alphabet Company)
New York, NY (July 2014 - Present)
- Full stack work on Google Sites for multiple features: selective control of who can view a published site and work on client-side reliability. Participating in oncall rotation to support production readiness for the service.
- Designed and developed multiple fresh content news features as a part of a Google Search Mobile Features team focused on the mobile Search Results Page (SERP). Participated in the launch of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). Architected and developed common infrastructure that prepares results for nearly 100 related features across mobile and desktop SERPs.
- Worked on scalability and reliability of the backend services for a Google Wallet team by modifying servers to horizontally scale; creating a redundant architecture.
Software Engineer, Amplify
Brooklyn, NY (December 2012 - July 2014)
- Worked on the design and development of a social learning platform for teachers and students. Utilized Scala/Play to develop a RESTful API on top of MongoDB, and architected an AngularJS front-end.
- Designed and implemented various parts of the Achievement Reporting and Innovation System (ARIS) for the NYC Dept. of Ed., handling the Java/Spring and Drupal CMS websites.
Software Engineer, Tarigma Corporation
Columbus, OH (May 2006 - December 2012)
- Designed and implemented an intranet web portal in Java/Spring and MSSQL to provide access to raw and aggregated data collected from the electrical grid. Windows services written in C++ interfaced with grid equipment to collect the data and send it to the central server.
- Continued development of a C# .NET Windows desktop application to manage the configuration of web-connected backup batteries.