Dejan Ničković was born in 1981 in Belgrade, Serbia. He obtained his B. Sc. (Hons.) in Information Technology from the University of Malta in 2003. In 2008 he finished his Ph.D. thesis under the liberal supervision of Oded Maler in the VERIMAG laboratory, Université Joseph Fourier (now Université Grenoble-Alpes) in France. After one year of post-doc in EPFL (Lausanne, Switzerland) and two years of post-doc in IST Austria with Tom Henzinger, he moved in 2011 to the Center for Digital Safety and Security of the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT), where he was promoted to Senior Scientist in 2015.
His research interests are in the domains of cyber-physical systems, runtime verification, testing, contract-based design, real-time systems.
- "Shape Expressions for Specifying and Extracting Signal Features" with Xin Qin, Thomas Ferrère, Cristi Mateis and Jyo Deshmukh got the best paper award in RV 2019.
- I will co-chair the RV'20 in Los Angeles with Jyo Deshmukh
- I will co-chair the FMICS'20 in Vienna with Maurice ter Beek
- "Shape Expressions for Specifying and Extracting Signal Features" with Xin Qin, Thomas Ferrère, Cristi Mateis and Jyo Deshmukh was accepted in RV 2019.
- "Mixed-time Signal Temporal Logic" with Thomas Ferrère and Oded Maler was accepted in FORMATS 2019.
- "Automatic Failure Explanation in CPS Models" with Ezio Bartocci, Niveditha Manjunath, Leonardo Mariani and Cristi Mateis was accepted in SEFM 2019.
- The Dagstuhl report "Specification Formalisms for Modern Cyber-Physical Systems ", written with Jyo Deshmukh is out.
- "From real-time logic to timed automata" was accepted in JACM (Dec. 2018). It is the last paper co-authoring Oded Maler and Amir Pnueli...
- "Interface-aware Signal Temporal Logic" was accepted in HSCC 2019.
- We are organizing the event "Oded Maler - Barbaric Science from a Captive Poet" in memory of Oded Maler as part of HSCC and CPS Week 2019
- PC member HSCC 2019
- PC member VMCAI 2019
Conferences and Workshops
- RV 2020, 6-9 October 2020, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- FMICS 2020, 2-3 September 2020, Vienna, Austria
- Dagstuhl Seminar 19071 "Specification Formalisms for Modern Cyber-Physical Systems" (11-15 February 2019)
- CPS Week 2019
- HSCC 2019
- MT CPS @ CPS Week 2019
- CPS-SR @ CPS Week 2019
- VMCAI 2019
- Dejan Nickovic, Xin Qin, Thomas Ferrère, Cristinel Mateis, Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh: Shape Expressions for Specifying and Extracting Signal Features. RV 2019: 292-309
NEW! Best paper award
- Ezio Bartocci, Niveditha Manjunath, Leonardo Mariani, Cristinel Mateis, Dejan Nickovic: Automatic Failure Explanation in CPS Models. SEFM 2019: 69-86
- Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh, Oded Maler, Dejan Nickovic: Specification Formalisms for Modern Cyber-Physical Systems (Dagstuhl Seminar 19071). Dagstuhl Reports 9(2): 48-72 (2019)
- Thomas Ferrère, Oded Maler, Dejan Nickovic: Mixed-Time Signal Temporal Logic. FORMATS 2019: 59-75
- Thomas Ferrère, Oded Maler, Dejan Nickovic, Amir Pnueli: From Real-time Logic to Timed Automata. J. ACM 66(3): 19:1-19:31 (2019)
- Thomas Ferrère, Dejan Nickovic, Alexandre Donzé, Hisahiro Ito, James Kapinski: "Interface-aware signal temporal logic". HSCC 2019, (accepted)
- Stefan Jaksic, Ezio Bartocci, Radu Grosu, Thang Nguyen, Dejan Nickovic: Quantitative monitoring of STL with edit distance. Formal Methods in System Design 53(1): 83-112 (2018)
- Albert Benveniste, Benoît Caillaud, Dejan Nickovic, Roberto Passerone, Jean-Baptiste Raclet, Philipp Reinkemeier, Alberto L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Werner Damm, Thomas A. Henzinger, Kim G. Larsen: Contracts for System Design. Foundations and Trends in Electronic Design Automation 12(2-3): 124-400 (2018)
- Stefan Jaksic, Ezio Bartocci, Radu Grosu, Dejan Nickovic: An Algebraic Framework for Runtime Verification. IEEE Trans. on CAD of Integrated Circuits and Systems 37(11): 2233-2243 (2018)
- Goran Frehse, Nikolaos Kekatos, Dejan Nickovic, Jens Oehlerking, Simone Schuler, Alexander Walsch, Matthias Woehrle: A Toolchain for Verifying Safety Properties of Hybrid Automata via Pattern Templates. ACC 2018: 2384-2391
- Ezio Bartocci, Roderick Bloem, Dejan Nickovic, Franz Röck: A Counting Semantics for Monitoring LTL Specifications over Finite Traces. CAV (1) 2018: 547-564
- Alexey Bakhirkin, Thomas Ferrère, Thomas A. Henzinger, Dejan Nickovic: The first-order logic of signals: keynote. EMSOFT 2018: 1
- Alexey Bakhirkin, Thomas Ferrère, Dejan Nickovic, Oded Maler, Eugene Asarin: Online Timed Pattern Matching Using Automata. FORMATS 2018: 215-232
- Ezio Bartocci, Thomas Ferrère, Niveditha Manjunath, Dejan Nickovic: Localizing Faults in Simulink/Stateflow Models with STL. HSCC 2018: 197-206
- Dejan Nickovic, Olivier Lebeltel, Oded Maler, Thomas Ferrère, Dogan Ulus: AMT 2.0: Qualitative and Quantitative Trace Analysis with Extended Signal Temporal Logic. TACAS (2) 2018: 303-319
- Ezio Bartocci, Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh, Alexandre Donzé, Georgios E. Fainekos, Oded Maler, Dejan Nickovic, Sriram Sankaranarayanan: Specification-Based Monitoring of Cyber-Physical Systems: A Survey on Theory, Tools and Applications. Lectures on Runtime Verification 2018: 135-175