Mission & Vision
The mission of Family & Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family, work, and community life by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness
- Managing resources to meet the needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family, community and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems as individuals in diverse family, community and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Anticipating consequences of and accepting responsibilities for one’s actions.
- Appreciating human growth.
Family & Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. Our unique focus is on the family, work, community and their interrelationships.