We would like you to use the materials here in conjunction with our supplemental Living Earth: Biology book and let us know what works and what need improvement.
In order to have access to Kendall Hunt (Flourish) online resources, please email Carol Mishler.
We hope that you will also share suggestions and your lessons that will enrich the education of all of the students throughout our district. You can share them with Jill Maganito and I will input it in the activities :)
Links relating to the Living Earth/Biology course:
- Pacing Guide - broad overview that breaks down the academic year into the different instructional units below. It also has info about Living Earth Supplemental Textbook Alignment.
- Examples of Syllabi
- Instructional Segment Unit Links
- Unit 0 - Introductions, Rules, Group
- Unit 1 - Ecosystem Interactions and Energy
- Unit 2 - History of Earth’s Atmosphere: Photosynthesis and Respiration
- Unit 3 - Evidence of Evolution
- Unit 4 - Inheritance of Traits
- Unit 5 - Structure, Function, and Growth
- Unit 6 - Ecosystem Stability and the Response to Climate Change
- Note: the instructional segments were drafted from LAUSD's curriculum and adapted with new info from MDUSD's NGSS committee. All of these links are currently works in progress.
- Supplemental Biology Book Info - breaks down each chapter.