Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, Foley and NW Florida
Welcome to the Wisconsin Snobird Club Website
Our club boasts a membership of 700 plus and our activities are open to all winter visitors to the southern Alabama and northern Florida areas . The club is for the recreational, social, fellowship, travel and enjoyment of all who participate. Please feel free to contact any one of the Club Officers with your suggestions. See Kenn's emails for recent club updates and notes. Club meetings are held January through the end of March. The next 2019 meetings are at the Orange Beach Event Center The Wharf, February 6 and 20 and at the Orange Beach Community Center Canal Road March 6, and 13 at 9 a.m. Coffee and doughnut social hour prior to the meeting; hear club updates, get your chance to win various raffle items and visit the social committee booths for club activity information. A guest speaker is often at the meetings. To become a member of the Wisconsin SnoBird club you may either join at a meeting or in the off-season send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Membership Chairperson Tom Chestnut at email@example.com. Send email to the webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org please put "Wisconsin SnoBird" in the Subject area.
Events through Feb. 13, 2019
- Thursday Jan. 24 Wisconsin Fish Fry The Diner (by Tacky Jacks) 5:00 PM
- Sunday Jan. 27 Big Beach Marathon
- Tuesday/Wednesday Jan 29 & 30 Biloxi overnight casino trip
- Wednesday Jan. 30 Pot Luck OB Community Center 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Wednesday Feb. 6 club meeting at 9:00 AM Orange Beach Event Center
- Saturday Feb. 9 Brat Fest 11 AM;
- Saturday Feb. 9 FootGolf Glenlakes Golf Club 1:00 PM
- Monday Feb 11 Golf Fun Day GlenLakes Course
- Tuesday Feb 12 8 Pin Tap Bowl Tournament Gulf Bowl 1:00
- Wednesday Feb. 13 Picnic OB Community Center 1030 AM
- 23 Jan 2019 Added link to Wisconsin Snobirds Facebook page (members only)
- 20 Jan 2019 Updated Kenn's email page
- 19 Jan 2019 added 2-week events listings
- 18 Jan 2019 Updated Kenn's email page; added photos to Club & Volunteer Projects --> 2019 Zoo Work Days pictures
- 16 Jan 2019 added more pictures to Meeting #1 page
- 14 Jan 2019 Added Trivia Night flyer to the Community Events page.
Sissy and Judie are holding the 2018 Special Olympics Family of the year Award for the State of Alabama presented to the Flanigan family. CONGRATULATIONS!
Cal and Faye receiving a well deserved recognition plaque for their many years of service to the club.
Things to do!
- Small Town, Big Beach™ Held at the Gulf Shores Erie H. Meyer Civic Center
- Gulf Coast Snowbirds Magazine Winter Visitor publication.
- Mullet Wrapper Things to do in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores.
- OBA Entertainment Blog Entertainment Blog for the Alabama/Florida
- Perdido Key Live News from Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Perdido Key
- Snowbird Nest activities during the winter months
The Ecumenical Ministries are in need of your soap and toiletries. They are distributed to the people that live in Foley and Gulf Shores area. When you come south please bring down all that you have picked up in the hotel rooms. It would be greatly appreciated and every little bit helps. Thank you for your support - Ken and Mary Shortreed
Scholarships - Congratulations to our 2018 scholarship winners. Hannah Giannini and Leah Gillis were given $1,000 each; here they pose with co-scholarship chairmen Glen & Letha Seering. Hannah and Leah were selected from the 16 finalists.