Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, Foley and NW Florida
Welcome to the Wisconsin SnoBird Club Website
The first Club event for 2019-20 in the Gulf Shores area will be lunch at Papa Rocco's on Wednesday Nov. 20 at 11:30 AM.
With a membership of 740 plus the Wisconsin SnoBird club is one of the largest in the area. Activities are open to all winter visitors to southern Alabama and northern Florida areas for recreational, social, fellowship, travel and enjoyment of all who participate. Please feel free to contact any one of the Club Officers with your suggestions. See Kenn's emails for recent club updates and notes. The 2020 meeting schedule will be posted at a later date. Coffee and doughnut social hour prior to the meeting; hear club updates, get your chance to win various raffle items and visit the social committee booths for club activity information. A guest speaker is often at the meetings. To become a member of the Wisconsin SnoBird club you may either join at a meeting or in the off-season send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Membership Chairperson Tom Chestnut at email@example.com. Email sent to the webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org put "Wisconsin SnoBird" in the Subject area.
Adobe file (PDF) Summer-Fall 2019 events click this link to download.
Adobe file (PDF) Fall- Winter 2019-20 events click this link to download.
Notes and Events
- See Kenn's email page with details on June & August luncheon.
- See above and also the calendar for Summer 2019 luncheons.
- 2019 Low Country Boil video (courtesy of Iowa-Alabama Gulf Coast Snowbirds. Your 2019 Low Country Boil ticket gives you admission to the zoo.
- Hurricane Frederic and the damage and growth of Gulf Shores - what it used to look like.
- August 14, 2019 added photos to 2019 August On the Loos Cruise & Lunch under 2019-20 Events Tab
- August 13, 2019 updated link to final version of 2019-20 events calendar.
- August 2, 2019 added photos to July 2019 Brewery Tour & Lunch under 2019-20 Events Tab
- July 31, 2019 simplified Tab Row for better navigation by adding yearly pages to the Event Pictures tab and moving Community Events and Golf and Cards pages to this tab; also moved Club History and Officers & Finances pages to new Club Information tab.
Things to do!
- Small Town, Big Beach™ Held the Erie H. Meyer Civic Center
- Gulf Coast Snowbirds Magazine Winter Visitor publication.
- Mullet Wrapper Things to do in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores.
- OBA Entertainment Blog Entertainment Blog for the Alabama/Florida
- Perdido Key Live News from Gulf Shores, Orange Beach area
- Snowbird Nest activities during the winter months
The 2019 Low Country Boil chairpersons presented a check to the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo for $6,500. This brings the fourteen year total to $83,950. The Low Country Boil was held Friday, February 22rd. Twelve Snowbird States clubs participated in the day. Pictured presenting the check are Dave Morris ND/SD, Bob Hofacker (hidden) & Gayle Hofacker OH, Kim Dahlgren General Manger of Zoo, Joan Jansma MI.,Joann Rothmeyer, Kenn Krouse WI., Connie White IA., Frank Panczyszyn, NY and Dr Adam Langston, director of the zoo. Next years Low Country Boil will be held at the new Zoo on Friday, February 21st 2020.
Check presentation to the three Pleasure Island Fire Departments: Fort Morgan, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. Pictured are Mike Gordee presenting a check to Fort Morgan Chief, Glenn Stevens, Duke Schueller looking on. Orange Beach Division Chief/Fire Marshall, Craig Stephenson accepting the check from Paul Brown. Melvin Shepard, Gulf Shores Battalion Chief, receiving the check from Jim Mills. Austin D. Lesinger Gulf Shores Fire Medic and Kenn Krouse, Wisconsin Snobird Club President looking on. The Bob Gilray 2019 Memorial Brat Fest donated $2,400 to the three departments.
2019 Bowling Tournament quilt winner. From left are the winner of the quilt Wisconsin Snobird Julie Nelson of Pickerel, WI, Chairpersons of the tournament Tony and Linda Schwanda and Pam Cook representing Gulf Bowl.
Scholarship 2019- Congratulations to our 2019 scholarship winner Brianna Ennis pictured here with co-scholarship chairs Glen & Letha Seering. At the last meeting of 2019 we presented Brianna a $1,000 check. Brianna will be attending University of Alabama.