Apply now for a $3000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Scholarship to study PR in Indonesia!
Experience Indonesia's rich culture & gain real-world international experience studying PR & Strategic Communication in this intensive 2-week 10-unit elective course.
The fine print
The New Colombo Plan Mobility Scholarship is open to all second and third year students from all degree programs who are currently enrolled at the University of Newcastle and who hold a current Australian passport.
Successful applicants will receive a $3000 scholarship to study public relations and strategic communication in Indonesia. Working with an Indonesian client, you will develop communication strategies to solve real-world problems
The 2019 trip is being offered as an elective 14-day intensive short course, that will take place in the semester two recess (September 30th - October 11th 2019). Participants who successfully complete the course will receive 10-units of credit towards their degree.
Applications close 31 March 2019. Numbers are strictly limited!
To express your interest please email Dr Deborah Wise email@example.com
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study and undertake Internships in the region. Find out more about the program here.
- Visit the Australian Embassy and leading PR firms in Jakarta.
- Take a full day guided tour to Borobudur and Prambanan Temple in Yogyakarta OR join a morning wet market tour and cooking class and attend a Ramayana Ballet Show.
- Explore Malang and take a trip to Balekambang Beach, visit some temples or spend a few hours at Museum Angkut OR take a day trip to Mount Bromo, Sewu Waterfalls or hike to Mount Semeru.
- Study Bahasa language and create your own batik art work.
- Take a full day field trip to a local Indonesian village and meet with village elders to discuss their plans for a water theme park.
- Work with Indonesian PR students at the University of Brawijaya developing a PR plan for the client.