We are working on revamping our monthly mission projects. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please continue to check your weekly bulletin in January and the next month's newsletter for upcoming information. Thank you for your patience --- Becky Cook
During the month of February our mission will be creating "Warm Hearts and Hands Kits" for Mission Central. The kits include a number of items that can help a number of people both locally and in he wider region who are dealing with issues related to the cold, especially those who are homeless or are without heat.
There will be a list at the back of the sanctuary of items that can be brought into help with these kits or feel free to make a kit or two of your own and bring them in. At the end of the month, the kits will be taken over to Mission Central in Mechanicsburg. ALL ITEMS MUST BE NEW. Examples of the items needed include:
- Heavy blanket or sleeping bag
- Hand towels (of good quality)
- Wash cloth (adult size)
- Bath size soap (2.5 oz and large - do not remove from packaging)
- Ziplock sandwich bags (large enough for soap once used)
- Composition book or blank journal
- Pens (blue or black ink)
- Pair of socks (gender neutral)
- Pair of gloves (gender neutral)
- Hats (gender neutral)
Past Mission Projects:
- February 2019: Mission Central Warm Hearts and Hands Kits
- January 2019: Children's Home Toothbrushes
- December 2018: Bethesda Mission Blankets, Scarves, Gloves, etc.
- December 2018 #2: Pastor Joanne of New Thing organized Shoe Boxes for Kids
- November 2018:
Mission Central: Computer Ministries
On January 20th, Mission Central held a special collection of electronics/computers. However, they accept for recycling and refurbishment computers, accessories, cables, wires, old cell phones and other old electronics (excluding televisions) year round. To have any of these items claimed for MIssion Central contact Sharon at KraftyKlatch@gmail.com and she will make arrangements with you to collect.
THIS WILL BE A GREAT MONTH TO GATHER UP YOUR OLD ELECTRONICS, SINCE WE'RE MAKING A MISSIONS DELIVERY THERE ANYWAY. CONTACT SHARON STAUB 717-216-1040