North Carroll Field Hockey
NORTH CARROLL STORM FIELD HOCKEY
North Carroll Recreation Council STORM Field Hockey is a member of the Maryland Youth Field Hockey League (please see http://www.eteamz.com/myfhl/). Children entering grades K-8 (and 9th graders that do not play for any high school) are eligible for participation in the fall 2019 season.
NC STORM FIELD HOCKEY SUMMER CLINICS: 3 EVENING SESSIONS July 9, 2019 - July 11, 2019
One summer clinic session per age group will be held at either North Carroll High School or Leister’s Park, in Hampstead MD to raise money for the program to purchase new equipment for our players and to develop our skills for the 2019 fall season. New and experienced players welcome!! Cost: $20.00. Registration for the summer clinics will open by mid-May, 2019 through StoneAlley. There are no refunds or pro-rated costs for the summer clinics. Each player will need to have a field hockey stick (loaners available upon request), a mouth guard (cannot be white or clear), cleats, shin guards, and regulation goggles.http://stonealley.com/program/NorthCarroll/group/FieldHockey
Anticipated field locations/practice days are as follows for summer clinics (subject to change):
- Grade 1/2: Leister’s Park
- Grade 3-4: NCHS Wednesday
- Grade 5-8: NCHS Thursday
Coaches will let all age group participants know specific dates for sessions by July 1, 2019.
Rain dates will be July 16-18, 2019.
FALL 2019 REGISTRATION
Fall 2019 registration will open on May 13, 2019 and will close on July 20, 2019 so that uniforms may be ordered and received by the first fall games. Any registrations received after 11:59 on July 20, 2019 will be charged an additional $50.00 late registration fee and participants cannot be guaranteed a uniform prior to the first game. No registrations will be accepted after July 31, 2019. Refunds for the 2019 fall season cannot be given for any reason after 11:59pm on July 20, 2019. New and experienced players welcome!!
ANTICIPATED FALL PRACTICE SCHEDULES & HOME FIELDS LOCATION (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
For the grades K-2, it is anticipated that all regular season practices will be held at Leister’s Park in Hampstead, MD on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
For grades 3-4, it is anticipated that all regular season practices and games will be held at North Carroll High School in Hampstead, MD on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
For grades 5-6, it is anticipated that all regular season practices and games will be held at North Carroll High School in Hampstead, MD on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
For grades 7-8, it is anticipated that all regular season practices and games will be held at North Carroll High School in Hampstead, MD on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
If your child is chosen to participate on a tournament team/elite team, there will be possible additional practices on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings (TBA).
Each player will need to purchase/obtain a field hockey stick, a mouth guard (cannot be white or clear), cleats, shin guards, and regulation goggles.
Uniforms are required for all players in grades K-9 and are not included in the registration fee. Players may use fall 2018 storm uniforms (must provide jersey number) or may order new ones for the 2019 season. New uniform costs are as follows:
2019 Fall Season Registration Fees
Grades K-2: $75.00 (uniform not included)
Grades 3-4: $105.00 (uniform not included)
Grades 5-9: $130.00 (uniform not included)
Specific Information for Children Entering Grades 3-8
* Mandatory practices start on or about August 19th and continue through the end of October/beginning of November each year. Failing to attend practice may impact playing time/starting during games. *Practices for these age groups are typically two hours long, are held twice a week and consist of running, stick skills, learning positions, and team building. Specific age group practice days and locations will be posted as soon as possible. *Team placement will be completed the first week of September. *Please note that we cannot guarantee any player/parent requests for a specific coach or team. Players must play in their specific age group unless their previous year coach recommends advancement in lieu of the player’s 2nd year in an age group and the board approves the same (cannot be parent or player request). * Grades 3-8 play regular season games on Sunday afternoons starting the Sunday after Labor Day each year. * Additional tournaments may be offered to select participants as an option at an additional cost per player/team at the coaches’ discretion. There is no guarantee of tournament play for any player and all tournament/elite players will be determined by coach selection. *Some travel is required (usually less than 45 minutes) as we play teams from Carroll County, Hereford County, Howard County, and Baltimore County.
Specific Information for Children Entering Grades K-2
*Practices start on or about August 19th and continue through the end of October each year. K-2 grade practices are typically 1.0-1.5 hours long and are held once or twice per week and consist of running, stick skills, basic positions, team building and lots of FUN!*Please note that we cannot guarantee any player/parent requests for a specific coach or teams. * * K-2 grade players have the opportunity to participate in league 'play days' and scrimmages on Saturday mornings . *Some travel is required (usually less than 45 minutes) for the play days. * Grades K-2 are required to purchase only a jersey and black socks.
Any refund that is issued will be subject to a $10.00 administrative fee.
- Code of Conduct
- NCRC Incident Form
- Concussion Safety
- Severe Weather/Lightning Policy
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Zero Tolerance Policy
- NCRC Bylaws
Thank you for your interest in Storm Field Hockey! For more information or to contact the program please reach out to commissioner Jennifer Lleras at firstname.lastname@example.org