This is a Government Scheme and our organization is the implementing agency.
The main aim of this project is to provide educational and schooling opportunity to complete secondary schooling in an inclusive and enabling environment and support the training of general school teachers to meet the needs of children with disabilities at the secondary level.
IEDSS Scheme Aims To :
- Enable all students with disabilities completing eight years of elementary schooling an opportunity to complete four years of secondary schooling in an inclusive and enabling environment.
- Provide educational opportunities and facilities to students with disabilities in the general education system at the secondary level.
- Support the training of general school teachers to meet the needs of children with disabilities at the secondary level. The objectives of the scheme will be to ensure that :
- Every child with disability will be identified at the secondary level and his educational need assessed.
- Every student in need of aids and appliances, assistive devices, will be provided the same.
- All architectural barriers in schools are removed so that students with disability have access to classrooms,labs,libraries and toilets in the school.
- Each student with disability will be supplied learning materials as per his/her requirement.
- All general school teachers at the secondary level will be provided basic training to teach students with disabilities within a period of three to five years.
- Students with disabilities will have access to support services like the appointment of special educators,establishment of resource rooms in every block.
- Model schools are set up in every state to develop good replicable practices in inclusive education.
- 191 students were being benefited under the scheme.