What's On Board
Maddison is an 8 berth 62ft cruiser stern narrowboat. A Cruiser Stern means she has plenty of room at the rear of the boat to gather and chat whilst keeping the helmsman company.
Inside she has a light and airy feel with two single beds at the rear with a handy private toilet compartment. Going forward there's a fixed double bed with pull out "jumbo" storage drawers beneath. Beyond this is the bathroom with a second toilet, full size thermostatically controlled shower (I have to say it's very good) plus a vanity unit with giant mirror and plenty of storage areas for towels and you personal items.
Then we have a dinette that converts into a double bed, again with plenty of under seat storage. After this is the galley (kitchen) with a full size cooker, ample surface area and under counter domestic fridge / freezer. The seating in the lounge area converts to two single beds.
Bedding & Bathing - Duvets, pillows & covers are provided, also bath and hand towels for each person on board.
Tableware - She is equipped with cutlery and tableware including cereal bowls, mugs and a selection of glasses sufficient for 8 people.
Galley - (it's just a kitchen on a boat...)
We provide tea, coffee & sugar as a starter. Full sized gas cooker with 4 burners, double oven & grill.
- Stainless Steel sink / drainer and large work surface with under unit cupboards & drawers.
- Kettle, range of pans, casserole dish, oven glove, colander, mixing bowl and jug, cooking utensils, teapot, cafetiere, chopping board.
- Kitchen Roll, Tea towels, washing up liquid & sponges. Bin liners, dustpan and brush.
Bathroom - Full size shower cubicle with bi-fold glass door (no nasty shower curtain here) and thermostatic temperature controlled shower.
- Full size electrically operated maceration toilet.
- Vanity basin with under cupboard storage and large mirror above.
- Ample storage for towels and toiletries. By the way, loads of toilet rolls are provided at the start of the hire period. So that's one thing less to carry back from the shop.
- Shower & Toilet cleaning products.
Additional Toilet - There's a second toilet located at the rear of the boat in a small cloakroom with a vanity unit and mirror. No waiting to use the loo when the skippers in the shower!
Lounge - LCD TV with Freeview reception. TV accepts USB or Hard Drives.
- Loads of under-seat storage in jumbo pull out drawers.
- Wardrobe hanging space and half height cupboard.
- Removable table to accommodate four people dining or just sitting with drinks.
Fixed Double Bed & Dinette - Four seater dinette table area for dinning or for the kids to entertain themselves at a table.
Converts to a double bed with bedding and jumbo drawer storage beneath.
This is provided by thermostatically controlled gas fired warm air system throughout the entire boat. This ensures that all the boat benefits from a cosy environment when evenings begin to cool down.
All the lighting on the boat is 12 volt LED and runs from a bank of batteries that charge up during you daytime cruising. There are also 12 volt cigarette lighter sockets should you need to use an in-car power supply for phone charging or something similar. Whilst NB Maddison is your floating home from home, she is still a boat. That means there isn't a never ending supply of electricity. The batteries aboard need charging by the engine during your daytime cruising.
240 Volt Power
The boat also benefits from a 240 volt inverter and standard domestic socket outlets so you can use laptops, charge your tablet, or even bring along a games console (for the kids on rainy days, or grown ups) That's why we had the second TV at the rear....
On-Board Electrical Appliances
- Hair dryer is provided on the boat. We can't allow the use of your own as it may damage the 240 volt inverter.
- 2 x TV's. One is located in the forward lounge area and the other is located above the rear single beds.
- FM Radio.
- Domestic size fridge / freezer with 60/40 split.
We provide everything you need aboard the boat including lock anti vandal keys (known as Handcuff Keys) boat poles, water hose, windlasses (to operate the locks), mooring spikes, piling mooring hooks and a hammer.
Starting Your Cruise
At the start of your holiday we'll give you and your crew a comprehensive handover which includes a full walk-through of the boat’s features and necessary safety precautions.
If you've never been boating before or you just want a refresher, we'll go out with you and provide practical tuition on the canal to helping with boat handling and giving you the confidence to have a wonderful canal holiday!
Be sure to watch the Boater's Handbook video as a taster of how to handle a narrowboat.
LICENSING & BOAT SAFETY
- Commercial Boat Licence - Narrowboat Maddison has a commercial licence issued by Canal River Trust (Licensing Authority) We also provide a Boat Handover Audit Certificate which has been approved by Canal River Trust, to ensure you are provided with the right level of instruction at the start of your cruise to enable you to remain safe and be confident in handling our boat.
- Commercial Boat Safety Certificate - Maddison holds a current Commercial Boat Safety Certificate. This certifies the boat has been examined by a qualified examiner to a higher level than non-commercial private boats.
- Commercial Hire Boat Insurance - Maddison is covered by a commercial insurance policy specifically for self drive holiday hire or bare boat charter as it is sometimes called.
- River Canal Rescue - Our boat is covered by Gold Membership of this breakdown service.
- 4 x Fire Extinguishers
- 1 x Fire Blanket
- 2 x Fixed Smoke Alarms
- 2 x Fixed CO Alarms
- 1 x Life Ring
- 1 x Boat Hook
- 1 x Boat User Manual
- Life Jackets
- Large / Small Pans for eight
- Large Small Plates for eight
- Oven Trays
- Serving Bowls
- Rectangular overn-proof dishes (Suitable for Lasagne etc)
- Kitchen Tongs & Serving Spoons
- Water Jug
- Cups & Glasses for eight
- Cutlery for eight
- Tin Opener
- Tea, coffee & sugar
- Washing up products
- Tea towels
- Disposable cloths
- General kitchen & Boat cleaning products.
1 x Set Boat Keys + Float
1 x Services Key + Float
2 x Windlass
2 x Ground Pins
1 x Hammer
2 x Piling Hooks
1 x Tiller Bar
1 x Boat Pole
1 x Spare Long Rope
Various Canal Guides
4 x Torches
1 x Small Tool Kit
2 x Umbrellas
1 x Full Gas Bottle (Spare)
1 x In Use Gas Bottle
2 x TV's. TV at the back of the boat plays DVD's also.
1 x FM Radio
8 x Folding Camping Chairs
1 x Small Folding Camping Table