CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE - Tuesday 23rd June 2020
In light of the latest announcement from UK Government, we believe we'll be able to resume holidays aboard NB Maddison on 4th July 2020 with the below procedures implemented.
- Two separate households can occupy the boat. But must socially distance from other canal users outside of their party.
We already have a stringent cleaning and sanitation routine, but we will be implementing the following procedures which we consider to be best practice to reduce the possibility of cross contamination.
- We will ask guests to provide all their own bedding and pillows for the beds they occupy. This means duvets and covers or sleeping bags and pillows and cases.
- We will provide freshly laundered mattress protectors and bottom sheets for these beds.
- We will provide freshly laundered towels for everyone aboard.
- At the end of your cruise, we ask you to place all the towels, used or not, into a black bag which is tied closed.
- We will steam clean and sanitise all the soft furnishings and mattresses before you occupy the boat.
- All hard surfaces will be sanitised before you occupy the boat.
- During the handover procedure, the Skipper (main hirer only) will be show the controls of steering and powering the boat.
- One other person from the party will be shown the interior of the boat e.g. Kitchen, bathroom etc.
In the event you require tuition out on the water, we are adopting the following procedures:
- Only the Skipper (main hirer) and supervisor will occupy the rear deck. Other guests will be asked to remain inside the boat or outside on the bow.
- At locks, a supervisor will accompany other crew members and supervise their operation of the lock and canal side structures. Social distancing will be maintained at all times.
- During our contact with you inside the boat, we will wear face coverings. We would encourage your to do the same due to the obvious close proximity.
Obviously these are what we feel to be common sense solutions to these unique problems but are by no means set in stone. We may receive further guidance from the government which may change what we do.
As family first people, we are confident you will understand the sensible reason for doing this. "If we can't be part of the solution, let's not be part of the problem"
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you do have any concerns whatsoever, please contact us.
Phone - 07477643432 Email - email@example.com
Best wishes from our family to yours.
A warm welcome aboard
Hello and welcome from the Jones Family to our website for our family boat, Narrowboat Maddison.
Here's where you start your canal boat holiday adventure.
"Spending time with family and friends on the canal is one of the UK's best kept secrets"
Whether you’re a seasoned boater or new to canal boating and want to experience a barge holiday aboard our family boat, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to get afloat at an affordable price and experience the joys of the UK Canal Network.
With our base in Penkridge on the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal, you have access to some fantastic canal routes. It's perfect for a peaceful and enjoyable canal boat holiday with your family and friends.
Narrowboat Maddison has her own video.
Maddison is fully equipped with everything you need whilst you cruise and explore the canals. She's your home-from-home afloat, giving you a very comfortable, peaceful and relaxing canal cruise. Take a look.As we said.
Centrally located in Penkridge on the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal gives you access to some wonderful canal holiday routes. From countryside to industrial heritage. The choice is yours. It's perfect for an adventure on a boating holiday with family and friends who want to enjoy the UK canal boat hire holiday.
Why We Offer "Maddison" For Hire
We're just ordinary family people who happen own a boat that we created and love. We take pride in maintaining Maddison to the highest level, making sure everything is up to our own standards. Our aim is to support the Inland Waterways and spread the word about the joys of boating and introduce affordable UK Boat Hire to families who want to experience a canal adventure, whether it's your first time afloat or a you're seasoned boater.
As a family we enjoy spending time together, So we answered a question we had asked ourselves years before!
"Why should anyone be asked to pay more for a holiday with your family just because it's high season and the sun is out, the schools are on a break or it's Bank Holiday"
That's why when we retired and had the time and flexibility to dedicate time to Maddison, we made a conscious decision offer our boat to you keeping the hire fees the same all year round.
Our base & Contact details
Maddison is moored at Otherton Boat Haven. Penkridge, Staffordshire, England. ST19 5NX.
Her mooring here is where you'll start your canal boat holiday and where you will return her to.
Click here on Jones Family Cruising or on the map for directions. Alternatively, use the Post Code ST195NX on your Sat Nav.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 07477643432
Monday to Friday - 9am : 8pm
Saturday - 10am : 5pm
Sunday - 10am : 5pm