University of twente (Sept. 2012 - today)
Business Information Manager
According to the BiSL framework I manage Student Information System ‘OSIRIS’ which supports the primary process of the university, education. I also work on projects for expansion off the system, and bigger implementation processes. Within the BiSL playing field my focus is on:
- Operational supplier management
- Change management
- Transition management
- Specify information requirements
- Planning and resource management
- Demand management
Team coordinator: BiSL processes
BiSL is a best practice, but what is the best practice for our team? Out team manages 17 systems, supports the entire organization, is actively involved in IT projects and is growing. I take the challenge upon me to constantly improve the BiSL processes of our team with our team.
Team coordinator: Information security
Information security is an increasingly important part of IT. To contribute to the information security of the systems our team manages I focus on:
- Classification for all our systems
- Contracts, operation agreements and descriptions of linked systems
- Privacy Information Assessments
- Improvements suggested after security audits
- Calamity and continuity plans
- Authorization policy
Team coordinator: Project management
I collect the proposed IT projects and tasks, including necessary project initiation forms and business cases. I do this for our team, our department and for the needs within the primary process on educational support. Once a year all the departments present their preferred IT projects fort he bennefit of the IT portfolio for the upcoming year. I’m the contact for our IT department for operational coordination.
Team coordinator: Support team leader
- Co-create team plans
- Brainstorm on team development
- When team leader is absent: team leadership (work related) and participation consultation on strategic and tactical levels within and outside the university.
UT: LEAN team
Since 2015 University of Twente strives to be an “lean doing” university, start with continuous improving, to become an organization of serious improvers. Create value-creating processing with each step adding to customer value, and get rid of all the waste in the organization processes. I’m part of the first group of LEAN green belts for the university.
UT: Program committee Business Information Management
The purpose of the committee is professionalizing the Business Information Managers of the University of Twente. Two times a year we check our needs for knowledge and experiences and come up with a program which meets these needs. For example masterclasses and interactive BIM meetings.
UT: ‘think tank’ for the department Center for Educational Support (CES)
Within our department there are numeral sub-departments and teams. How do we stay connected, keep in touch with each other, get to know each other, find each other? To help improve our organisation, the CES think tank organizes one event a year to get to know each other better. From the employees, for the employees.
Studio Hoogeveen & Van Tilburg (Jan. 2010 - Aug. 2012)
Eventmanager + Management assistant
As project manager I work on (business) events and information management. Think together in communication and realization, decide form and method which best conveys the message of the customer. Make identity visible and tangible with powerful and creative concepts. Realization of events consists of organizing: content, facilities, program, location, presenter, speakers, entertainment, catering, technique, communications, press, PR and finances. Also I focus on the information management within the office and the use of new and online media for the studio itself, her clients, within projects and events.
Studio Hoogeveen & van Tilburg (SHvT)
SHvT stands for effective communication. Organizes and produces events aimed at making a strong impact on your target group. And know what type of communication works best for every situation. Provide the relevant media with information and are experienced in the efficient use of audiovisual aids. The focus is always on the client’s identity. The job is to come up with powerful creative concepts that transform the clients’ corporate image into something that people can see and feel. SHvT believes in dynamic interaction among creative disciplines. And draw inspiration from combining our talents in different fields to realize a spirited, cutting-edge solution for every project we undertake. Websites: Studio Hoogeveen van Tilburg & Het Koelhuis
Projects I've worked on
- ADT Twente
- BEL Combinatie
- Creativity Now - Connect & Collaborate
- Floating Life
- Hoogheemraadschap Hollands Noorder Kwartier
- Kunst & Cultuur Overijssel
- Kracht door verbinding
- Nieuw Hembrug
- Gelderse Prijs voor Ruimtelijke Kwaliteit
- Provincie Overijssel Industrieel & Agrarisch erfgoed
- Waterschap Rivierenland kickoff versterking Diefdijk
More projects I've worked on:
28.01.10 AtelierOverijssel: Field day 'Shrinkage, crisis and quality' in the northeast of Overijssel
28.02.10 AtelierOverijssel: Election debate 'Scoring with spatial quality' in 'Hoftheater' Raalte
10.06.10 Tour AtelierOverijssel: Excursion through the province Overijssel
10.06.10 Tour AtelierOverijssel: Administrative network meeting in 'MooiRivier' Dalfsen
16.06.10 Tour AtelierOverijssel: Symposium Client vs. Contractor in de 'Creatieve Fabriek' Hengelo
22.02.10 | 24.02.10 FIMPAS Workshop 1, Scheveningen
30.06.10 | 02.07.10 FIMPAS Workshop 2, Hardelot Plage, France
24.01.11 | 26.01.11 FIMPAS Workshop 3, Huisduinen
18.11.10 FIMPAS Midterm Event, Noordwijk
21.09.10 RVOB Cafe: Ruimtelijke ontwikkeling en Natura 2000
07.12.10 RVOB Café: Ruimtelijke ontwikkeling in 2020 in the 'Glazen Zaal' in Den Haag
10.03.11 RVOB Café: Gebiedsontwikkeling 'The next generation'
Davinci Consultancy Group (Jan. 2009 - Dec. 2009)
Junior consultant (business information management)
My job for Davinci Consultancy Group was devided into two funtions: junior consultant (20%) and software-desk (80%). At Davinci I've learned a lot about communication and information management between different projectgroups and organisations within the same project.
The softwaredesk was a filter between the projectmanagers in Amsterdam and the developers in Bratislava. For the softwaredesk I was responsible for the management of documentation and communication processes for the projects initialized in Amsterdam and developed in Bratislava and the (online international) daily scrum sessions.
The other 20% of my time I spend as Documentation manager, Functional Designer and Tester for the following projects:
- Captive Finance Development training registration module - Responsible for the documentation and communication process. Functional design and testing.
- Consumer Credit Portal for eastern EU - Tasks: market research, management of graphical and functional design, mathematical model.
- FPS 2.0 - Responsible for the documentation, communication process and functional testing of the fraud prevention system.
- NBWO - Documentation manager during the transfer of NBWO 2.0 to 2.5. and from 'De Voorkant' to DVSK.
- Stichting JES Rijnland - Functional and screen design for a student and/or client registration application to be used by numeral employees and tailored to the needs of the municipal administration.
Debate centre 'Debatkamer' Province Overijssel (Apr. 2007 - Dec. 2008)
Event manager + Management assistant
As an event manager I was responsible for the organization of the events and debates: content, facilities, program, location, presenter, speakers, entertainment, catering, technique, communications, press, PR and finances.
Besides my tasks of management assistant for the director and board I took on some of the management responsibilities in the period between directors. These were: project and annual plan development, marketing, (online and offline) communication, public relations, grant applications, administrations, (yearly) corporate finance, coordination with county, website management, operational support, personnel, organization of and communication with program council.
Mentionable: for the support of the elections of the European Union I’ve organized a grant for a series of debates. European subjects on a county and regional level. In short: a fun, demanding and very educational job. Especially when you've just finished school.
- 17.04.07 De toekomst van de IJsseldelta
- 20.09.07 Islam & Homoseksualiteit
- 10.10.07 Noaberschop & Zorg
- 12.10.07 Jongeren in multicultureel Overijssel > Hengelo
- 31.10.07 Provincie Overijssel > OV tactiek
- 16.11.07 Jongeren in multicultureel Overijssel > Borne
- 18.01.08 Jongeren in multicultureel Overijssel > Enschede
- 21.02.08 Ouderen in Overijssel > Eenzaam achter de geraniums? Of toch niet? (Olst)
- 03.03.08 David tegen, of mét Goliath? VVV's landelijk of lokaal?
- 08.03.08 Internationale dag voor de vrouw
- 25.03.08 Ouderen in Overijssel > Eenzaam achter de geraniums? Of toch niet? (Oldenzaal)
- 09.04.08 Gemeente Borne > 'De Haven'
- 24.04.08 De (on)bekendheid van de Europese Unie
- 05.05.08 Bevrijdingsfestival Overijssel > Een goed gesprek begint op 5 mei
- 04.06.08 Waterschap Groot Salland - Symposium
- 05.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Kickoff
- 10.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Debat in Enschede
- 11.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Debat in Losser
- 11.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Debat in Oldenzaal
- 12.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Debat in Dinkelland
- 12.06.08 Vliegwiel Twente Maatschappij > Debat in Hengelo
- 02.10.08 Ouderen in Overijssel > Eenzaam achter de geraniums? Of toch niet? (Steenwijk)
- 29.10.08 Gemeente Borne > Samen cultuur toekomst geven
- 16.11.08 Internationale dag v.d. verdraagzaamheid. Hoe tolerant zijn wij?
Kulturhus Borne (Apr. 2007 - Dec. 2008)
Event manager + communication officer
As result of an employee switch I worked one day a week for Kulturhus Borne on: organization of Cultural Events, Communications and PR, Information Management, City Marketing.
The definition of the Dutch Kulturhus concept is: a colourful combination of non-profit and business services in the fields of culture, health, welfare and education presented as one and situated in one building. These are a sort of community houses - especially designed for smaller centres or districts - which are used for multiple purposes. In other words: a 'house of culture in the broadest sense, open to everyone'.
08.03.08 - International Day for Women. We’ve invited all the women in Borne for a international breakfast in the Kulturhus followed by a lecture about and by a successful entrepreneur and immigrant woman.
20.04.08 - Borne at it's Best. I’ve been involved in the organization of the writing contest for children and adults, the dictation and the overall organization of the program within the Kulturhus.
07.10.07/08 - Two years in a row: Cook and Kulture market where we asked participation of the citizens of Borne to create this market. This way local people from different ethnic backgrounds could share their own Kulture and food with their community.
16.11.07/08 - International day for tolerance. Two years in a row we organized Coffee house Kulturhus where we asked local people in Borne to come and share their coffee and tea habits and rituals. There were a lot of people off all ages, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The perfect environment for a debate about tolerance.
01.09.07 - Presentation of the Kulturhus and her residents at an open day of the municipality.
01.10.07 - Bert Haanstra Festival - Filmhuis Borne
03.10.07 - Live Cluede for the primary school kids in Borne. Who killed the lady in the coffee corner? Via all the institutions as the library, music school and the theatre the kids had to find evidence, talk to the figurants and solve the mystery.
16.11.07 - Opening for the start of the new 'Harry Potter' book sale.
21.12.07 - Christmas meeting. We organized a candle light tour through the old city centre of Borne. Along the way students of the music school and theatre groups performed in Dickens style. Afterwards there was a Groovy christmas party whit entertainment: Blues Brothers on a Mission