As in previous years, MTASTC will feature a variety of opportunities to learn, connect, and reflect through keynote presentations, breakout sessions, and a plenary session featuring theater makers from all over the state. Presenters and session titles will be announced during August and September 2018. Schedule is subject to changes and some events are weather permitting.
We also know that important connections happen between breakout sessions. This year, we have added more space in the schedule for conversations and camaraderie. We encourage attendees to join us for the entire conference experience.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
5:00 p.m. — 7:30 p.m. Welcome Reception & Keynote
- May Lee-Yang, Playwright & Performance Artist
9:30 p.m. — 11:00 p.m. Stargazing by Lake Koronis / Low-Budget Karaoke
Monday, October 15, 2018
9:45 a.m. — 11:00 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion :: The Journey with Seena Hodges
- Program Evaluation 101: Crafting a Plan to Get Data You Can Actually Use with Rachel Brown
- How to Maintain Motivation and Stay Afloat — Discover the 7 Keys to Motivation with Cardiff D. Hall
- The Art of Visiting: Authentic Engagement and Deep Listening with Ashley Hanson
11:00 a.m. — 12:30 p.m. Brunch & Keynote
- Greg Reiner, Director of Theater & Musical Theater, National Endowment for the Arts
12:45 p.m. — 2:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions
- Breaking Down Power Dynamics in the Production Process – Leading with Equity and Diversity to Make Better Art with Leah Cooper, Jay Owen Eisenberg, Theo Langason, and Audrey Park
- The Power of Branding with Rachel Greenhouse
- What’s Your Story: Identify and Shift the Core Beliefs that Keep you Stuck with Susan Shehata
- Why Do New Work? with Carrie and David Wintersteen
2:45 p.m. — 4:00 p.m. Choose Your Own Adventure
- Lawn Games, Poolside Chats, Disco Naps, Lakeside Lounging, Dance Party, etc.
4:00 p.m. — 6:00 p.m. Plenary Session
- My Minnesota Theater: Stories from the Field
6:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m. BBQ Dinner & Conversation
8:00 p.m. — 11:00 p.m. Bonfire on the Beach!
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
9:00 a.m. — 10:00 a.m. Light Breakfast
- A Statewide View: Update from Minnesota Theater Alliance
10:00 a.m. — 12:15 p.m. Open Space Conversations
12:30 p.m. — 2:00 p.m. Lunch & Reflections
Keynote Presentations: This year's keynote presenters will be announced very soon!
Breakout Sessions: These sessions will feature presentations and conversations facilitated by Minnesota makers, movers, and shakers. Themes include community engagement, organizational sustainability, evaluation, marketing, management, and strategy for artists and administrators.
Open Space Conversations: Inspired by Open Space Technology, these sessions will be proposed by conference attendees and announced Monday evening during the conference.
Plenary Session: During this session, conference attendees will experience a variety of presentations and performances from theater practitioners across the state.