West States and Capitals Test - March 19
IRA (formly PARCC) testing begins Friday, April 5
- I am learning to understand the meaning of figurative language.
- I am learning to describe in depth the character, setting, or event in a story using specific details in the text.
- I am learning to ask and answer questions referring explicitly to the text for meaning.
- I am learning to write an opinion piece with all the needed parts.
- introduction with a lead and preview of reasons
- 2-3 body paragraphs, each with a topic sentence
- use of transition words and phrases
- a conclusion with review of reasons and an action step
- I am learning to multiply a fraction by a whole number.
- I am learning to multiply a mixed number by a whole number.