Mrs. McDonald's Counselor Corner
Welcome to the School Counseling page for Baker Elementary School, where it's a great place to GROW!
Meet Your School Counselor!
Hello! My name is Heather McDonald. I started working in the mental health field in 2006, began working in education in 2009, and have been a licensed professional school counselor since 2010. I have worked in all grade levels K-12, but elementary is my favorite! Not only am I a Baker faculty member, I am also a proud parent of 2 Baker Bulldogs, and one up-and-coming Baker Bulldog! My husband and I moved to Tennessee from San Diego, CA in 2006 after his service in the United States Marine Corps. We are proud to be part of such a wonderful community and an amazing school family! When I am not at school I like to read, do Yoga and run, spend time outside with my family swimming, hiking, camping and exploring new places and finding new adventures!
I am honored to get the opportunity to be part of your children's lives here at school. My number one job as a school counselor is to be an ADVOCATE for all of my students. Please contact me if you think I could be of help to your child(ren) at any time throughout the school year.
THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR AT BAKER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BELIEVES:
- Each student has inherent worth.
- Each student has the potential to succeed in LIFE as Lifelong learners, Independent thinkers, Fearless innovators, and Exemplary citizens.
- Each student should have access to a high quality comprehensive counseling program, regardless of ethnic, cultural, racial, gender, economic, or special needs differences.
- A high quality comprehensive school counseling program will remain relevant and effective through use of data to design, implement, and evaluate its services.
- Collaboration with students, families, stakeholders, and community partners is crucial to meeting the needs of students.
- In abiding by the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
BAKER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR VISION:
The School Counselor at Baker Elementary school will ADVOCATE for all students.
Accountable to self and others
Enthusiastic about life
BAKER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR MISSION:
The School Counselor at Baker Elementary supports all stakeholders and ADVOCATES for all students to GROW academically, socially and emotionally to become productive citizens.