Develop the skills, knowledge base and evidence needed to provide evidence of readiness to demonstrate competency in a summative assessment.
If you are remaining at LHS, this field trip will be a virtual one. And if you are joining us on the trip, you will visit a replica of Thoreau's cabin ,explore the same woods Thoreau once lived in and hike to the original site of his cabin. Either way, the purpose of this experience is to engage in research which will enrich and deepen our study of Thoreau and his interpretation of transcendental philosophy.
Going on our trip to Walden Pond State Reservation? Here's what you'll do:
- Download and print this response. (Hard copies will be made available to you on the trip.)
- Using the clipboard/notebook and pencil/pen you brought along on the field trip, complete the response with hand-written notes and feel free to employ a sketch-noting technique, if you wish.
- Hand the response in when we return to LHS.
Staying at LHS? Here's what you'll do:
- Download and print this response. (Substitute teacher will have hard copies ready for you.)
- Explore the resources posted here and record your observations on the response sheet with hand-written notes and feel free to employ a sketch-noting technique, if you wish.
- Hand the response in at the end of class.
During our next Tracking Thoreau day, we will compare, share and digitally record the results of our field trip research - both virtual and real world.