"Final Exam": Semester Portfolio Symposium
CP English 11
Semester Portfolio Symposium
Replacing the traditional “final exam”, the symposium offers students the opportunity to demonstrate competency through the following activities:
· formal submission of completed semester portfolios
· publication of student selected/student created original works in a classroom gallery
· response to works within the classroom gallery
· semester reflection and course evaluation.
To prepare for a successful symposium experience, learners must complete the following in advance of their posted final exam period:
- complete all steps of the semester portfolio
- download a semester portfolio symposium rubric, add your name and save it to your course folder. (We will print a hard copy of this rubric on the day of the exam.)
The semester portfolio symposium grade (final exam) is 20% of the semester grade. It is scored holistically with each aspect of the portfolio and each component of the symposium influencing this score.