September 8, 2020 to September 11, 2020
Fall Semester 2020-2021
This week, we’ll focus on:
Mise en Place: Tools for the Semester
Learning about the Goals and Purpose of a Competency-Based Education
- View “Essential Skills” and respond to this in our discussion board (see Google Classroom).
- Explore our virtual classroom, www.mrsjustersvirtualclassroom.com, and discuss course overview.
- Learn about workflow, formative work. summative assessments and grading.
- Complete “Get Connected” with your parents (see Google Classroom). .
“Bucket-List Introductions” - create Google Doc and attach it to Google Classroom assignment.
Explore, discover and begin your multimedia journal. In your first entry, you will create personal goals for the academic year (see Google Classroom).
- View and discuss “How and Why We Read: Crash Course” and “Text Connections”
- Introduction to American literature and the literary periods/movements we’ll explore this year.
- Discuss independent reading and whole-class reading.
- Learn how to create and complete a reader’s response - attach to posted Google Classroom assignment.
- Begin reading and responding to 42: The Jackie Robinson Story.
- Continue reading and responding to 42: The Jackie Robinson Story. - see schedule posted on Google Classroom.
Need some 1:1 help? Reach out via email or sign up for an evening video conference via Google Meet.
On your first day of in-person school for the week, we will go over the goals for the week. And then, when you are working remotely, you will continue the work we began in-person and follow the specific due dates for assignments which will be posted in Google Classroom and on our calendar (posted below).