Holy Family School 1st/2nd Grade 2018-19
Mr. Marc Sheehan
School Phone: 360-491-7060
Updated June 12, 2019:
The last day of school for the 2018-19 year will be Friday, June 14. Students have Free Dress that day and will only need to bring a snack. The kids will participate in Field Day from 10:15 to about 11:15, followed by an ice cream treat. Dismissal will be at 11:50 for everyone -- Extended Care will not be available. At 11:51, the 1st graders will graduate to 2nd grade, and the 2nd graders will be 3rd graders...How time flies!
Items will be coming home on Wednesday and Thursday: our Religion books, our Handwriting books, Father's Day cards from First Grade, to name a few. There may be a gift or two as well....
Thank you for all of your assistance and patience this year. I hope you and your students will have fond memories of the 2018-19 school year. I also hope you all have a enjoyable, restful, and safe summer vacation. Best wishes to you, and may God bless you all.
What will we be doing in class?
- 1st Grade Reading/Language Arts: We will read a few stories and talk about story elements. We will also work on some writing related to Father's Day.
* Standards: Answer questions about key details in a text, retell stories, write about a topic, sequence stories, identify story elements
- 1st Grade Math: We have finished our book, so we will do some more practice with math facts.
* Standards: Add and subtract within 20, represent and solve addition/subtraction problems, work with addition/subtraction problems
- 1st Grade Religion: We will talk about how Catholics belong to parishes and what parishes do.
- 1st/2nd Grade Social Studies: We will learn more about some famous people through some read-alouds.
- 1st/2nd Grade Science: Our work will focus on inventions.
June 14: Free Dress; Field Day starts at 10:15, Ice Cream social to follow
Final Day of the 2018-19 School Year, Dismissal at 11:50 -- No Extended Care
**Please make sure any treats you send in do not have peanuts in them. We have students with serious allergies.**
If you would like to help with our school's Box Tops For Education program, it will be appreciated. Thank you!
HFS Information on Alma: https://holyfamilylacey.getalma.com
Scholastic Book Club: https://clubs.scholastic.com Class Code: QD4D8
Mr. Sheehan's Educational Resource Page: http://www.halcyon.com/marcs/ed.html
Math Chimp 1st Grade Resources: http://www.mathchimp.com/1st-grade-math-resources
IXL 1st Grade Math: https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-1
Free Rice: http://www.freerice.com
About Mr. Sheehan:
I am a life-long resident of the state of Washington, having grown up in Federal Way, where I attended St. Vincent de Paul Parish School. In 1992, I graduated from John F. Kennedy Catholic High School in Burien. I earned an Associate's Degree from Highline College in Des Moines in 1994, a Bachelor's Degree in Education from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma in 1998, and a Master's Degree in Education from Pacific Lutheran University in 2002. My hobbies and interests include following sports, reading, managing my personal website of educational links, and collecting coins and banknotes.