Google Basics Class Page
Pacing Guide/Instructional Calendar
January-Introduction to Course- Classroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/ Safety and Ethics/ Gmail-2 weeks
February-Google Calendar 2 weeks /Google Docs-Word Processing 2 weeks
March-Google Docs-Spreadsheet 2 weeks/Presentation 2 weeks
April-Presentation 1 week/ Google Site 2 weeks
May- Google Earth 2 weeks/Google Maps 1 week
May-June- Review for Final Exam/ Final Exam
Google Basics: This course introduces the student to basic Google tools and applications through the completion of real-world, student-centered activities and projects.
Grading Scale (10-point)
90% - 100% = A
80% - 89% = B
70% - 79% = C
60% - 69% = D
50% - 59% = F
Students that are absent have 3 days to complete the missing work before it is considered late.
10 points will be deducted from the original grade per day late. For example: If you recieved and 80% on the assignment and it was a day late you would recieve a 70%.
- Always be on time to class and seated in assigned seat.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before speaking.
- Be prepared for class and use appropriate voice level at all times.
- Respect others and other’s work.
Consequences (see Middle School Policies)
- Verbal Warning
- Failure to follow any of these rules will result in a signed agenda and consequence. 3 consequences in one week will result in an after school detention.
Rewards (see Middle School Policies)
Students will have opportunities throughout the nine weeks to earn rewards and positive consequences.
- When you walk into the classroom, you should:
- Enter with the appropriate voice level, check in and go to your seat and remain seated.
- Complete opening engagement (bell work) in Google Classroom with the first five minutes of class unless otherwise noted
- Visit Google Classroom for daily instructions and assignments
- Use appropriate voice levels throughout class as indicated
Parents please check your child's agendas each day. Students should be writing all of their homework and due dates in their agenda each day. Please help your student learn these important life skills!
*Please check Google Classroom for updates, due dates, daily assignments and homework... This should be the students' first place to check if they're absent...Thanks!