I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We are in the home stretch! So, let's finish strong! Please check your child's math assignment daily to help them catch mistakes and self correct to facilitate their learning. Yes, we are still learning this week. So, please make sure your child gets plenty of rest each night. Have a great week!
- Thursday afternoon is our Awards Assembly and 8th grade Drive Around.
- clean and filled water bottle
- healthy snack
- Chapter 24 Review
- Chapter 25
- You can view our list for this week online at https://www.spellingcity.com/users/3rdgradeschoolofsaintmary .
- We will have our next Spelling Test on Friday, May 17th.
- Paragraph Writing: What do you do with a chance?
- Editing Practice
- Weekly Word Work
- Cursive Practice
- We will spend approximately 15 minutes every day drilling multiplication facts using ipads and the XtraMath math fact practice program online.
- Both groups will continue to work through third grade Diocesan curriculum using supplemental materials and our textbook for the rest of the school year.
- Reading Log Goal = 100 minutes this week! Reading Logs are due this Friday, May 17th. Only a third of the class are turning in their reading logs on a weekly basis. I hope all students are reading outside of class time. The statistics are startling. If your child does not read outside of class time, it will impact their standardized test scores later when higher test scores are vital for admissions to high school and college.
- Students will continue reading and discussing chapter books again as well as rotating to vocabulary with Ms. Griffin.
- Scholastic News
- State Symbols
- Simple Machines STEM investigation: Paper Plate Water Wheel Engineering Challenge