National External Diploma Program
The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is an online, self-directed diploma program administered by MRRAEP and many other adult education programs nationwide. Completion of NEDP awards an adult high school diploma from a school district within our region. The program emphasizes individual aptitude and achievement, with our instructors assessing students' own work rather than teaching them in a classroom. NEDP emphasizes life and work competencies in addition to academics. Key differences between NEDP and GED include:
- NEDP is completed entirely online, on a client's own schedule
- Students are called "clients," because they are learning skills on their own
- Clients do not have to pass any tests to complete NEDP. All work is assessed with an instructor and can be redone if necessary.
- Although the program offers freedom of scheduling, clients must have above-average computer skills and access to high-speed Internet
- With motivation and consistent effort, clients can complete NEDP in 6-12 months
If you are interested in entering NEDP, or if you have a relative or friend you think might be a good fit for the program, please contact our office to arrange an interview.