- Free and rather simple, "Economic Policy" is a great way to begin learning the complexities of macroeconomics.
- Chairman, also very simple from the San Francisco Fed, lets you set interest rates to guide America through economic crises
- Also free is this one hour macroeconomic simulation, glamourously called "Economic Policy Simulator." Control the fate of three real (but unnamed) countries as they go through the phases of the business cycle.
- For the serious gamers - Capitalism Lab is a lot of fun and will help you master the concepts we cover in this unit. Of course, you have to buy it. But that's capitalism!
- Control the economies of Europe with Economia
- Another European policy simulator: Be the Chancellor
- For something a bit more challenging: Rolesia
Is GDP the best way to measure the health of an economy?
Rethinking GDP as a way to measure progress
Is crime linked to the business cycle?