Tutoring is a great way for adults to help children learn. Tutoring offers an opportunity for one-on-one interaction, focused support for children's problem areas and a welcome break from typical classroom situations. Holtville High School is pleased to share with you the reasons behind tutoring:
1) To improve the educational achievement of the student.
2) To enhance student self-esteem and confidence in his/her ability to learn.
3) To introduce the student to the world outside the classroom through interaction with an experienced and concerned adult.
4) Creates new opportunities for reading.
5) Allows for immediate and constructive feedback.
6) Improves student motivation and performance.