Chapter 4 covers atomic structure and the progression of atomic theories from the earliest views of the elements (earth, water, air, fire) to more complex and accurate theories developed in the last 100 years.
- Atomic Structure Virtual Lab
- In this virtual lab you will be building models of various molecules and defining several terms dealing with molecules. At school, it must be opened in Internet Explorer to work properly.
- Radioactive Decay Webquest
- This interactive simulation demonstrates the differences between Alpha, Beta, and Gamma decay. At school, it must be opened in Internet Explorer to work properly.
- PhET Alpha Decay
- A direct link to a Java device from PhET, this interactive simulates Alpha decay of a Polonium atom.
- PhET Beta Decay
- A direct link to a Java device from PhET, this interactive simulates Beta decay with several different nuclei.