Minneapolis Pickup Ultimate
There are several pickup groups that play in Minneapolis in different locations at different times of the year. We are currently working on consolidating information and communication for the groups on the Minneapolis Ultimate Frisbee Pickup Facebook Group. If you're looking for pickup in Minneapolis, this is a good place to ask about it:
These are pickup ultimate groups for everyone! These groups include a wide range of ultimate ability. Players of all levels, ages, genders, and abilities are welcome. Experienced players are encouraged to help ensure that all players touch the disc.
Bryn Mawr Meadows Park
601 Morgan Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. year-round
- Wednesdays: 5:30 p.m. (during daylight savings time)
We've played consistently nearly every week for many years, so just show up if you want to play.
We sometimes move around depending on other activities in the park, so look around:
- We're usually near the parking lot at the corner of Laurel Ave W and Morgan Ave S.
- Wednesdays in the summer we're usually on the south side of the park along I-394 (by the park building).
Check the Minneapolis Pickup Ultimate Facebook page to confirm the actual location each week as Armatage park is sometimes used by other sports.
2500 W 57th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Wednesdays: 6:30 p.m. year-round
- (Combined with Bryn Mawr Summer 2019)
In the winter we only play when there are at least 8 people committed to coming. Check the Minneapolis Pickup Ultimate Facebook page to confirm.
East River Flats Park (University of Minnesota)
351 E River Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Sundays 6:30 p.m. Summer
- Sundays 5:00 Spring and Fall
- White AND dark shirt - bring BOTH a DARK and a WHITE shirt. No greys, pastels, white-with-colors, etc. which can easily be seen as either white or dark.
- Water - the drinking fountains in the parks only work in the summer, and they're not near the fields.
- Disc - someone will probably have a disc, but it never hurts to bring your own.
- Cleats - not strictly necessary, but it helps keep you from sliding around when cutting.
- Cones - if you have them, please bring them.