- Educate pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy students about prescription and non-prescription drug abuse and their role in its prevention, identification, and treatment;
- Promote the distribution of naloxone rescue kits from local pharmacies;
- Educate the public about the dangers of prescription and non-prescription drug abuse;
- Educate health care providers about potential alternatives to opioids for pain relief;
- Advocate for use of alternative pain relief options and petition health insurers to cover alternative therapies;
- Engage membership to participate in local opioid addiction and overdose prevention coalitions and other community forums;
- Recommend educational programs that will increase awareness surrounding pharmacy robberies as well as promote safety within pharmacy settings;
- Facilitate collaboration between police forces and the pharmacies they serve and protect.