Operation Prevention is a program aimed at combatting the national opioid use and misuse epidemic. Our mission, as outlined below by our 8 Committee Directives, is for education, facilitation, and advocation. Explore the various toolkits and resources on our website to learn more and become part of the conversation.
- Educate pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy students about prescription and non-prescription drug abuse and their role in its prevention, identification, and treatment.
- Promote the distribution of naloxone rescue kits from local pharmacies.
- Educate the public about the dangers of prescription and non-prescription drug abuse.
- Educate health care providers about potential alternatives to opioids for pain relief.
- Advocate for use of alternative pain relief options and petition health insurers to cover alternative therapies.
- Engage membership to participate in local opioid addiction and overdose prevention coalitions and other community forums.
- Recommend educational programs that will increase awareness surrounding pharmacy robberies as well as promote safety within pharmacy settings.
- Facilitate collaboration between police forces and the pharmacies they serve and protect.