Vision: We will promote informed, inclusive, peaceful and lawful opposition to the regressive agenda of Donald Trump and the Republican Senate.
Team Casten needs YOU!
Adam Schiff in his Feb 21 2019 Washington Post op-ed :
To my Republican colleagues:
When the president attacked the independence of the Justice Department by intervening in a case in which he is implicated, you did not speak out.
When he attacked the press as the enemy of the people, you again were silent.
When he targeted the judiciary, labeling judges and decisions he didn’t like as illegitimate, we heard not a word.
And now he comes for Congress, the first branch of government, seeking to strip it of its greatest power, that of the purse.
ILLINOIS GENERAL ASSEMBLY – CREATING A WITNESS SLIP
A Witness Slip is a person or group’s position on a particular bill in the Illinois General Assembly. A Witness Slip can be filed for any bill scheduled for a hearing in an Illinois Senate or House Committee during the week prior to the hearing taking place.
To create a witness slip, you will need to Register and Create a Profile:
- Go to http://my.ilga.gov
- Click on Register (left column) and complete registration process
- When registration is confirmed (including confirmation via email), you will be taken to the Create Profile page where you will be asked for
- Name and Address
- Firm/Business Agency – enter N/A
- Phone, Fax (optional), email
- Representation – enter Self
- Title – enter N/A
- (To edit your profile, click on My ILGA, View Profile, Update Profile)
When you receive a link from an organization asking you to fill out a witness slip, click on the link. If you have registered and created a profile, most of the information will be filled in. Each time, you will need to do the following:
- Under III – Choose Proponent or Opponent
- Under IV – Choose Record of Appearance Only
- Click on Create slip
- You will need to click on "I Agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement" and a code to show that you are not a robot.
- You will receive email confirmation
Complete instructions are found here: http://my.ilga.gov/Documents/ILGA%20Dashboard%20User%20Guide.pdf