Author: Sylvie Roy (Guest Post)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 16 squares
- Coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the coconut oil to grease an 8x8 pan.
- Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl and quickly whisk them up.
- Mash your banana - I like to just do this quickly on a plate - add to the bowl with the eggs along with the honey and vanilla.
- Measure and add your coconut flour, making sure to combine everything well and ensuring there are no clumps.
- Measure and add the unsweetened shredded coconut and coconut milk and mix to ensure the batter is well combined.
- Spoon the batter into your pan and smooth it out. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over top.
- Bake your bars in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them - when the edges are golden brown and the center is firm, they're done!
- Freezing these is a cinch too! Simply wait for them to cool, cut them to the desired size and store them in a freezer container or freezer bag. I tend to try to do this as soon as I can - if they stay on the kitchen counter, they tend to disappear quickly!
- You can defrost them quickly by popping them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If you're like my hubby and are not a fan of the microwave, you can pull out a few the night before and just leave them in the fridge and they'll be defrosted by breakfast the next morning.