Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
§ Telephone migration from Mitel to Cisco lead technician.
§ Sort Director lead migration technician.
§ Staging Director project lead migration technician.
§ Internal transfer to the new NewsCorp NewsTech entity to support NewsCorp’s all over the world.
§ Migration of Harlequin Ruckus wifi network to Harper Collins Cisco 802.11 n network at Harlequin Distribution Center.
§ Migration of SCI system moving from Linux to Windows OS and upgrading the SW to IBM Cognos Connection v.10.2.
§ Vocollect voice control management migration project.
§ Toshiba Printing environment technical lead Project manager.
§ Implemented Air watch Mobile management software for over 700 devices for the first time at ECC.
§ Technical lead for establishing, maintaining, managing, and decommissioning data centers for the UN in Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Iran, UN mission in Central African Republic and UN Supervision Mission to Syria.
Deskside Support Analyst 12/2016-Present
• Internal transfer from HarperCollins Publishing to NewsTech on July 2, 2018.
• Day-to-day support for servers “VM and Physical”, desktops, printers, LAN / WAN, the data center, Wireless and phone systems, distribution center specific environments and corporate infrastructure.
• Maintain Microsoft, VM, Linux Os’s. Support SAN, Backup, SCCM, Office 365, Mitel Phone System, etc.
• Troubleshooting and solution implementation, problem solving and work with various departments and outside vendors.
• Research / Evaluate new technologies to better meet our business requirements. Identify vendors with possible solutions.
• Provide technical assistance to staff through training and documentation. Educate next-level operational support staff.
• Perform AS400 tape management and user administration, IBM Quantum tape management with Symantec NetBackup.
• Mitel VoIP System Administration
§ Administration of RF Guns “Motorola and Symbol versions 9000,9100 and 9200, handheld devices “Motorola and Symbol” Wt4090 and Time clocks both ADP and UltiPro.
Network Administrative Specialist 11/2015-12/2016
Erie Community College
· Printing environment technical lead Project manager. Phasing out Xerox/ PCounter and replacing it with Toshiba/Papercut.
· Implemented Air watch Mobile management software.
· Support the Windows X servers, VMWare infrastructure and network, desktop environment, cluster design and database synchronization in a Windows X environment.
· Support operations for the College’s network systems including the IP telephony system, video conferencing, E-mail services, helpdesk, distance learning infrastructure and Web services.
· Monitoring software manager “What’s Up Gold, ping plotter and other
· Microsoft Identity Management, ID card management administrator “Galaxy” administration, etc.
IT Administrator 02/2014-11/2015
Islamic Center of Rochester
· IT Facilities and Asset management and planning coordinator.
· Windows system administrator and helpdesk manager for the ICR and its subsidiaries
· Webmaster of ICR sites "www.theicr.org and www.westfallacademy.org"
IT Assistant 02/2008-06/2013
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq
· Virtualization project lead using VMWare “over 200 server’s”.
· UN DFS- Middle East Image Standardization Project focal point.
· Primary data backup & storage administrator for Symantec Netbackup & Symantec Backup Exec.
· System Administrator for HP Proliant Server's "DL380, 580, 270 and other", HP Blade System "c7000, BL685c", Iomega Server's setup, HP Storage Works MSA 2000, DL 100G2 and other setup, maintenance and support.
· Manage Active Directory accounts, access privileges, DNS, and DHCP.
· VMware ESXi 4 environment system and virtual Center Network Administrator.
· Manage and monitor the function, performance and integrity of servers, SAN, backup, virus checking, anti-spam, file & print, in all locations.
· OS Administrator "Windows OS's, Linux SUSE OS, Ubuntu, and Apple Mac OS X".
· Ensure the smooth operation of all aspects of the computer/engineering asset management operations in accordance to regulations and guidelines.
· Manage Engine Service desk plus enterprise tier three-level support technician.
· Administrator of Symantec Endpoint Protection, Mail Security, anti-virus SME, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, HP Web Jet, MRTG, What’s up Gold, Identification Card System Administrator.
Master’s Degree 07/2007
Major: Computer Information Systems
Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences
Bachelor of Science Degree 06/1996
Major: Electrical Engineering - Minor: Electronics & Communications
University of Mosul
Course, Honors & Awards
· Cisco Identity Services Engine and clustering data training 2016
· Papercut and Toshiba MFD onsite training 2016
· Microsoft Certified Professional (Microsoft), 2012
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Microsoft) 2012
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification course (Optimiza Academy), 2012
· Symantec Netbackup with Puredisk deduplication and replication in Windows environment (United Nations Logistics Base), 2011
· ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Operation BCS Professional Certification, 2010
· VMWare vSphere Fast Track v4 (United Nations Logistics Base) 2010
· ITIL Version 3 Foundation (Loyalist Certification Services) 2009
· Integrity Awareness Initiative On-Line Learning Program (United Nation) 2009
· Exterity IPTV Technical and Customization Training Course (Domino IPTV) 2009
· Cisco WAAS Training Course (United Nations Assistant Mission for Iraq) 2009
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) – Server Administrator (Microsoft), 2009
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring (Microsoft), 2009.
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring (Microsoft) 2009.
· Cisco Router Configuration Course (Al-Mesbar Telecom Systems Training Center – Teleprobe), 2006.
· International Computer Driving License UNESCO, 2003.