Associate Professor of Software Engineering and IoT at Deakin University
I am Associate Professor of Software Engineering and Internet-of-Things at Deakin University, Australia. I have been in software industry and academia for two decades. I became full academic in 2015, and since then, I have attracted more than $7M in funding from ARC, industry & defence.
I like teaching! I taught almost every computer science and software engineering unit including mathematics, theory and fundamentals, programming, project management, software engineering, security, compilers, distributed systems, and mobile app development. I am actively researching in engineering of secure, reliable, responsive, and smart software systems.
I worked in Industry for more than 10 years, which helped shaping and sharpening my expertise in software engineering practices, SDLCs and processes. I have experience in developing, designing and managing large-scale products and teams including ERP & CRM systems.
- Feb 2018 - Current: Associate Professor of Software Engineering and IoT, Deakin University, AU.
- Aug 2017 - March 2019: Course Director, Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons).
- Sep 2017 - Jan 2018: Senior Lecturer of Mobile Computing & Apps, Deakin University, AU.
- Sep 2015 - Aug 2017: Lecturer in Mobile Computing & Apps, Deakin University, AU.
- Mar 2014-Sep 2015: Senior Research Fellow & Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology, AU.
- Jun 2012-Feb 2014: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Swinburne University of Technology – AU.
- Aug 2011-Sep 2015: Academic Sessional Teaching & Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology, AU..
- 2003 to 2010: Teaching Scholar & RA, Faculty of Comp. and Info. Sciences, Ain Shams University, Egypt.
- Jan 2009 to Jan 2010: Software Development Manager, Microtech, Egypt.
- Apr 2007 to Dec 2008: Project Manager, Microtech, Egypt.
- Jan 2006 to Apr 2007: Team Leader, Microtech, Egypt.
- Nov 2003 to Dec 2005: Developer & Senior Developer, Microtech, Egypt.