A Distributed Power Allocation Scheme for Base Stations
- How can we allow the energy supply with renewable energy sources (RESs) for reliable base station (BS) operation?
- Reduce unreliable energy supply for wireless cellular networks powered by retailers with RESs
- Power distribution for reliable BS operation using battery storage by energy harvesting or other retailers (e.g., micro-grid)
- Propose distributed power allocation for reliable BS operations of heterogeneous wireless cellular providers within power coverage
- Seung Hyun Jeon, Joohyung Lee, and Jun Kyun Choi, "A Distributed Power Allocation Scheme for Base Stations Powered by Retailers with Heterogeneous Renewable Energy Sources," ETRI Journal, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 746–756, 2016.8 (IF:0.809).
Energy Efficiency of Relay Operation in Millimeter-Wave Mobile Broadband
- How can we model & evaluate the energy efficiency of relay operation in mmWave communications?
- Propose the mathematical model for energy efficient relay operation in mmWave communications
- Relay deployment and operation considering energy efficiency in mmW communicaions
- Found that energy efficient relay coverage exists within macro base station for mmWave communication.
Publications & Patents
- Seonghwa Yun, Seung Hyun Jeon, Jun Kyun Choi, Ae-Soon Park, "Energy Efficiency of Relay Operation in Millimeter-Wave Mobile Broadband Systems," VTC 2014-spring.
- JoonSan Kim, Seonghwa Yun, Seung Hyun Jeon, Ae-Soon Park and Jun Kyun Choi, "Energy-Efficient User Relaying Scheme in Metropolitan mmWave Mobile Broadband System," PIMRC 2014.
- 김준산, 전승현, 최준균, "Method and System for Energy Efficient User relaying for Metropolitan mm-wave Mobile System," 10-1575974, 2015-12-02, KR.
- 윤성화, 전승현, 최준균, "Method and System for Energy Efficient Bandwidth Allocation Scheme for Relay in Millimeter-Wave Mobile Systems," 10-1645129, 2016-07-27, KR.