Parish Steering Group
One Parish, One Community
The Parish Steering Group (PSG) is a small consultative body of parishioners who meet with the Parish Priest to consider the mission of the Catholic Church in Melton. The main aim of the group is to decide an agenda which is then discussed at a subsequent meeting of the whole parish.
Any pastoral decisions therefore, we pray, result from the involvement of the whole parish's strive to discern the movement of the Holy Spirit and the Divine Will.
To contact the Parish Steering Group, please use the following email address:
Moving out of St Peter's
The inventory of St Peter's showing the present suggestions for what we keep in various parts of the Parish (excluding historical books which will be added later) can be seen via the link below
Potential key dates:
- Weekend of 27th April - "Skip" weekend. To remove items that are not of use to a skip and box up other items for later sale or transfer
- Weekends of 11th May and 18th May - Opportunity for parishioners to come and bid for items that they may find useful. All donations welcome large and small. All will be used to support the costs of moving
Parish Plan Documents
- Statement from the Bishop of Nottingham (5th/6th Jan 2019)
- A Parish in Mission by Ron Lynch and Richard Mitchell
- Architect's Report on the Church of St John the Baptist by Architectural History Practice Ltd