Class Parent Volunteer Information
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year at MLK. During the course of this school year, students will enjoy several classroom parties. They will be as follows:
- Halloween Party - October 31st after School Parade
- Winter Party- December 20th. Time TBD with teacher
- Year End Party- Grades K-4 June 18th, 5th Grade June 19th
- Class Parent will assist teachers by helping to organize these parties, collect money or supplies for the party and purchase items necessary, as well as organize class parent volunteers.
- Class Parents organize a class gift for teacher and lunch aid for winter & year end parties, which is optional for students to contribute to.
- Class Parents also organize a project or small collection for a gift during Teacher Appreciation week.
Please note: If you are interested in a position as Class Parent or Back-UP Head Class Parent (is only for when the Class Parent is unavailable to plan party) you MUST be available to attend the dates listed above.
To be considered for a position as a Class Parent complete the Class Volunteer sign-up sheet sent home in the PTA packet. You will be informed by the PTA if you have been selected to be the Class Parent or Back-UP Class Parent. Class Parents will then be given the list of interested class parent volunteers.
All Class Parents and class trip Chaperones MUST be PTA members.
Download the class volunteer signup form. Paper forms are also available in the school's front lobby on the table.