Class Parent Volunteer Information
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at MLK. During the course of this school year, students will enjoy several classroom parties. They will be as follows:
- Halloween Party - October 31st
- Winter Party- December 21st
- Year End Party- Grades K-4 June 16th, 5th Grade June 18th
- Head Class Parent will assist teachers by helping to organize these parties, collect money or supplies for the party and purchase items necessary, as well as organize class parent volunteers.
- Head Class Parents organize a class gift for teacher and lunch aid for winter & year end parties, which is optional for students.
- HCP's also organize a project or small collection for a gift during Teacher Appreciation week.
Please note: If you are interested in a position as Class Parent Volunteer, Head Class Parent or Back-UP Head Class Parent (is only for when the Head Class Parent is unavailable to plan party) you MUST be available to attend the dates listed above.
To be considered for a position as a Class Parent complete the Class Volunteer sign-up sheet at back to school night. You will be informed by the PTA if you have been selected to be the Head Class Parent or Back-UP Head Class Parent. Head Class Parents will then be given the list of interested class parent volunteers.
All Class Parents and class trip Chaperones MUST be PTA members.
Download the class volunteer guideline sheet for more information (Google doc or PDF format). Paper forms are also available at the school.