The Missouri Pawpaw
- The history of the Missouri Pawpaw trees and fruit
- Some famous Missourians that enjoyed pawpaws
- Famous Americans that enjoyed pawpaw fruit
- How to plant a Missouri Pawpaw tree
- Find out how to buy a Missouri Pawpaw tree online or in person.
- What is a Missouri pawpaw?
- The story of Missouri's official state fruit
- The pawpaw has been researched at the Missouri Botanical Garden and by other researchers in the past. You can find out more at the Missouri Botanical Garden page http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b500.
- Teacher Resources - Coming Soon!
The pawpaw tree is native to Missouri and grows through most of the state. Native Americans as well as numerous explorers ate the nutritious fruit. Plants can be grafted or grown from seed. The plants also spread through root suckering.
Chefs throughout Missouri and Midwest may find the delectable fruit the perfect ingredient in the seasonal menu for the discerning patron.