What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It shifts the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a patient-centered approach. Functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. Functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual. (adapted from definition by Dr. Mark Hyman)
Functional Medicine Programs at MIMI's Clinic
- Brain Health and Neurocognitive Support
- Biohacking & Nutrigenomics
- Gut Optimization (The GO! Program)
- Hormone Optimization
- Total Health Transformation
Gut Health Optimization (The GO! Program)
Our GO! program is designed to optimize your overall gut health. Gut health is vitally important to not just digestion and assimilation of nutrients, but also to our immune function and our brain health.
Our programs includes:
- initial assessment and testing (including lab work)
- Review of findings and strategies for optimization (including supplement support)
- Consult and follow-up visits with our Nutritionist/Registered Dietician, Katie Donahue RD
- Education and support through out the 12 week program and byeond
For more information please give us a call or come to one of our upcoming seminars/workshops.
A gift for you!
Please feel free to download this informational booklet from our Laboratory Partner, Immunolabs and "Get Ready to Change Everything"