Citizen Of The Year
Milford's 2019 Citizen Of The Year
The nominations are in! Thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate an outstanding neighbor! As a member of the review committee commented, "There is no "wrong" choice on the nominations list!"
The 2019 Milford Citizen Of The Year will be announced on Friday, Oct. 11th during the Opening Ceremonies for the 30th Annual Milford Pumpkin Festival - approximately 6:30 pm @ The Oval Stage.
Nominations for Milford's Citizen Of The Year
All residents of Milford are invited to submit nominations for the individual(s) who, in their opinion, best demonstrate good citizenship through active volunteerism, participation, and actions to help make Milford the great community that it is to live, work and raise a family.
Presented annually, the award recognizes individuals who have made a noteworthy contribution during the most recent year, and/or have shared their outstanding service over a number of years, to our community over and above normal employment or occupational duties.
This year the award is sponsored by the Arthur L. Keyes Memorial Trust and is presented in collaboration with the Town of Milford NH and the Granite Town Festivities Committee. It is our way of honoring the phenomenal spirit of community volunteerism that makes Milford a great hometown!
Criteria & Qualities To Consider
- Must be a Milford Resident
- Demonstrates commitment to community betterment through active volunteerism. They may serve on service, school, church, or community committees and organizations.
- Shows great citizenship and volunteer spirit that may span several years.
- Participates in activities that make a positive difference in our community, in the lives of fellow residents, and enhances the quality of life in our hometown.
- Models exceptional ethical qualities, such as honesty and integrity, and concern for others.
- Shows a willingness to work with other Milford residents, is enthusiastic about our hometown and its citizens, and strives to improve and preserve our community.
- Regularly volunteers his or her time, dedication and talents to our community and the citizens of our town to make Milford a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
All nominees must be Milford residents. In choosing the recipient, regard will be given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contributions to the community.
A nominee need only be nominated once to be considered. The number of nominations received per nominee will not be the deciding factor in the selection process.
How to submit a nomination
If you have a friend, neighbor or relative you feel has given unselfishly to help others, or who meets any of the Criteria & Qualities To Consider, please download and fill out a nomination form. Additional printed nomination forms can be picked up at the Milford Town Hall lobby and the Wadleigh Memorial Library.
Completed nomination forms must be returned no later than Friday September 27, 2019 to: Keyes Memorial Trust P.O. Box 363 Milford, NH 03055; In-person to Janet Langdell; or E-mail to KeyesTrust@gmail.com. Sealed drop-off boxes will be available at Town Hall and the Wadleigh Memorial Library.
2000 - Rosario “Sarooch” Ricciardi
2001 - Rev. Dana C. Miller
2002 - Charles Worcester
2003 - Paul & Nancy Amato
2006 - Arthur “Buzzy” Morrell
2007 - Noreen O’Connell
2008 -Lori Pitsas
2009 - Diane & Bill Fitzpatrick
2010 - Janet Langdell
2011- Dr. Jan Tighelaar and Lorraine “Raine” Carson
2012 - Paul & Joan Dargie
2013 - Dave Alcox
2014 - Dick & Nancy D’Amato
2015 - Russell Dickerman
2016 - Tim Finan
2017 - Chris Costantino
2018 - Alan Woolfson
2019 - ??????