Principles Fall 2017
- Taxes, subsidies, and surplus.
- Consumer preferences and money pumps.
- Game Theory.
- National Accounting (GDP).
These are the notes that I've taken in lecture. They aren't meant as a substitute to taking your own notes or to reading--all they have is what I write down in lecture--they are meant to be complementary.
- September 02 Intro
- September 07 PPF, Demand and Supply Intro
- September 12 Supply and Demand Analysis
- September 14 Elasticity
- September 19 Consumer Behavior: Preferences
- September 21 Consumer Behavior: Budget Constraint and Optimal Behavior
- September 26 Theory of the Firm: Costs
- October 03 Monopoly and Suplus
- October 05 Natural Monopoly, Oligopoly, Monopolistic Competition, Price Discrimination
- October 12 Market Failures: Externalities, Public Goods, Asymmetric Information
- October 17 International Economics and Trade
- October 19 Out of town
- October 29 Out of town
- October 31 Immigration and Economic Growth
- November 02 Components of GDP and Macro Model
- November 09 More Keynesian Model and Government
- November 14 More Government, Money and Banking
- November 16 Money and Banking, Real Effects of Monetary Policy
- November 21 Modern Keynesian Model
- November 28 Intertemporal Choice, Quantity Theory, Laffer Curve
- November 30 Financial Crisis
- December 05 International Macroeconomics
- December 07 Fairness