What is Azomite?
Azomite is a natural re-mineralizer for soil. It contains more than 67 trace mineral elements and every essential micro-mineral needed by plants and animals, including a wide range of rare earth elements and other minerals not included in fertilizers or animal feeds.
Azomite consists of a unique silica clay mined from a 30 million year old volcanic ash deposit. This despoit is unlike any volcanic deposit in the world. The volcano spewed ash into an ancient seabed. The ensuing combination of seawater --- fed by hundreds of rivers rich in minerals --- and the rare and abundant minerals present in volcanic ash created the Azomite deposit which is found nowhere else on Earth.
Azomite is 100% natural. It is mined, crushed and sold without any chemical alterations or additions. It is certified organic by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) in the United States .
Why use Azomite?
Crop farmers, gardeners and homeowners use Azomite to replenish depleted trace minerals in the soil. The presence of these minerals does the following:
- Increases the number and size of fruits and vegetables per plant
- Improves plant immunity
- Decreases insect damage
- Creates healthier looking plants
Micronized vs. Prilled
Micronized Azomite is a fine powder made up of tiny particles that are easy to dissolve in water or to spread in gardens when transplanting. Prilled Azomite comes in pellet form and is spread directly over the soil.
How to apply Azomite
Application rate for 1 Quart of Micronized Azomite:
- Mix 2.5 tbsp. per 1 gallon of water per 40 sq. ft. and water lawn, garden, beds, trees and shrubs.
- When transplanting, use 1 tsp. per 2 inch plant diameter.
Application rate for 1 quart Prilled Azomite:
- Prior to planting: sprinkle in bed (at 3 tsp. per 10 sq. ft.) and water.
- Vegetables and flowers: 2 tsp. per 10 sq. ft. add to hole when planting or sprinkle in garden bed then water.
- Turfs and lawns: 1tsp. per 10 sq. ft.
- Trees: 3 tsp. per 10 sq. ft. around the base of a tree, or 1 qt. per 1000 sq. ft. (use the canopy of the tree to determine square footage).
Application rate for 1 Liter of Prilled Azomite:
For commercial and agricultural application rates, use 44 lb./acre or 1lb./1,000 sq. ft. For vegetable or fruit production, double the amount of Azomite. For extremely depleted soil or heavy feeding crops, triple application rates.